HAIRweGO's Story - (37/ need help please! w PICS)

HAIRweGO

Reaction score
hi all, i'm new to the forum although i have been reading through the posts for quite some time, its great to be able to share my own problems with others who understand. i am 37 years old and have been losing my hair slowly since about 20 years old. it started off as mainly frontal thinning, although i did always have a high hairline so it took some time before it really noticed. about 5 years ago i decided to have a hair transplant with DHI in greece. this went really well, great coverage and pretty natural results. the mistake i made (i see it now!) was not using propecia or minoxidal to slow further hair loss down and keep what i had. as a result the hairloss continued in the vertex and slightly into the crown, the hair that remains is fairly sparse. so its time to do something about it! I have purchased Finpecia rather than propecia (mainly due to cost) which i am using on a daily basis (2 weeks) and I have bought 6 months Kirkland Minoxidil which i am currently not using.

is it best just to use the Finpecia and wait for the results, or should i add the minoxidil straight away? I have also ordererd nizoral and i will use it 2 to 3 times a week starting as soon as it arrives.

thanks for taking the time to read my story. all comments are very much appreciated. :) [attachment=0:31gfy437]18032009265.jpg[/attachment:31gfy437]

Attachments

• 18032009265.jpg
    18032009265.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 191

dman23

Reaction score
Re: I'm new and need help please!

in my opinion you need start using minoxidil 2 times a day with no wating.
you look to me like a diffuse thinner so you might have a good chance to regrow a nice amount of hair but remember that it will take some time...
anyway good luck with your treatment.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: I'm new and need help please!

HAIRweGO said:
[...] the mistake i made (i see it now!) was not using propecia or minoxidal to slow further hair loss down and keep what i had.

[...]

is it best just to use the Finpecia and wait for the results, or should i add the minoxidil straight away? I have also ordererd nizoral and i will use it 2 to 3 times a week starting as soon as it arrives.

[...]

Hi! 2 or 3 comments:

a) I'm not an expert and I know very little about hair transplants, but I think surgery should always be a last resort solution. Yes, you should have tried finasteride first.

b) If I were you, I would use only brand drugs. Generics are always a risk, especially if you buy them on the Internet. If money is a problem, buy Proscar and cut it into 4ths - that's what I've been doing for the last 10-12 years.

c) Some guys say you should start minoxidil a couple of months after you start finasteride, so that your body can get used to all these chemicals. One thing's for sure: finasteride is the most effective hair loss drug that is currently available, so you should start with that one first.

Good luck and keep us posted!