Handstand, inversion table, and protein shake

What do you think caused increased hair loss?

• Total voters

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This post may sound a bit far-fetched and ridiculous, but please bear with me.
I have been having some regrowth in the frontal area, but no so much in the temple area.
It has been seven months since I got an ACL reconstruction, and my knee is almost healed.
I think majority of my hair loss was initated by the surgery, so it is not surprising that my hairline is coming back.
My hair loss slowed down significantly, to the point where I lose almost no hair (maybe one to two) per shower.
That is a huge improvement from at least fifty hair strands per shower I used to lose right after the surgery.

However, my hair fell out significantly more today for some reason, which was an alarming sign for me.
Two things I did differently yesterday (compared to an ordinary day) popped right into my mind.

1. Inversion table - I have bad a posture and a slight lower back issue, so I tried this
2. Protein shake - This product contains 70 mg of cholesterol per scoop, which is 23% of daily intake

I have googled if these two can influence hair loss. For protein shake, I have seen mixed reviews.
Some say protein shake do not affect hair loss at all while others say it may because of increase in testosterone level (increased DHT).

For inversion table, I have seen countless rumors saying that doing a handstand IS beneficial for hair loss because it increases blood flow to the hair.
The funny part is I felt some tingling sensation when I was on inversion table (same concept as handstand) and felt like my head was going to explode! :freaked:

I am guessing that inversion table caused more hair loss by increasing more blood flow to my hair, which pushed out dead folicles.
Did anybody else experience something similar? I am not doing neither activities today, so hopefully my hair loss will return to previous rate :)
Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
NOTHING you did the day before can cause a hair to shed the next day. It's just not possible.