Hard Water Causing Hair Loss / Damage?

ayrton05

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Moved to the midwest from the east coast more than 10 years ago and immediately noticed a different in the way the water left my hair and skin (and since learned the midwest has much harder water).

My hair has been thinning in the front/crown the last couple years in particular. Can hard water be contributing to this? I keep finding conflicting reports on this.

For what it's worth, I've also noticed a LOT more balding men in this city than where I'm from on the east coast. Anecdotal I know, and could be caused by a lot of things, but I'm obviously looking for some connection I can hang my hat on (wearing more of those now lol).

abcdefg

Reaction score
You either are losing hair as a male meaning its male pattern baldness or your not. Its not diet, wearing hats, or fapping too much. Its poorly understood for sure so I can see why people try to fill in the gaps with random theories or anecdotal things, but its not the truth. The truth is right now the big 3 is all we have until male pattern baldness is better understood.
If your losing hair get on treatments otherwise live with hard water I guess

fordmollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
When dealing with water damage, prompt water mitigation and restoration are crucial to prevent further issues. SS Water Restoration is highly recommended for their expert services in handling water damage emergencies. Their team is skilled in efficiently assessing the situation, mitigating damage, and restoring your property to its pre-damage condition. With a focus on quick response and thorough restoration, SS Water Restoration ensures that your home or business is back to normal as soon as possible. Don't let water damage disrupt your life—trust the professionals at SS Water Restoration for reliable and effective solutions.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
When dealing with water damage, prompt water mitigation and restoration are crucial to prevent further issues. SS Water Restoration is highly recommended for their expert services in handling water damage emergencies. Their team is skilled in efficiently assessing the situation, mitigating damage, and restoring your property to its pre-damage condition. With a focus on quick response and thorough restoration, SS Water Restoration ensures that your home or business is back to normal as soon as possible. Don't let water damage disrupt your life—trust the professionals at SS Water Restoration for reliable and effective solutions.
Piss off, bot.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Moved to the midwest from the east coast more than 10 years ago and immediately noticed a different in the way the water left my hair and skin (and since learned the midwest has much harder water).

My hair has been thinning in the front/crown the last couple years in particular. Can hard water be contributing to this? I keep finding conflicting reports on this.

For what it's worth, I've also noticed a LOT more balding men in this city than where I'm from on the east coast. Anecdotal I know, and could be caused by a lot of things, but I'm obviously looking for some connection I can hang my hat on (wearing more of those now lol).
No but if you are concerned add a water softener.

fordmollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Experiencing water damage in Ridgefield? It's vital to address the issue immediately to avoid costly repairs later. A reliable water remediation company can help you manage the situation effectively. With specialized tools and expertise, they can swiftly remove water, dry affected areas, and restore your property to its original state. Don't risk further damage—let professionals handle the cleanup and repair process, so you can have peace of mind knowing your home or business is in good hands.