Harryguy's Story - (100% regrowth from Norwood 3)

harryguy

Reaction score
2000 Slightly better than a Norwood 1. Full work schedule, stressed. Noticed diffuse hairloss in horseshoe area. Slow progression :dunno:

2002 Norwood 2 to 3. :sobbing: Full work schedule, stressed. Began using avacor sparsely, which has minoxidil as an active ingredient. Hair holding steady at norwood 3 :(

2003 Norwood 3. :$ Full work schedule, stressed. Began using minoxidil 5% three times a day. noticed extremely thick side growth and thicker hair in the horseshoe area. Side density appeared exponentially thicker than horseshoe area. It seemed to be the same number of hairs in horshoe area, but the hairs were much thicker and stronger.

2004 Steady Norwood 3 or maybe 2.9 "Hair :badmood: obsession" begins. My focus in life became getting my hair back. I relaxed my work schedule, researched and began taking evening primrose oil, saw palmetto(topical and internally), zinc(topical and internally) As well as Minoxidil 5% and topical capsaicin(hot pepper)b complex. I faithfully soaked the horseshoe including temples three times a day.

My hair slowly started to grow back. :jump: I noticed vellus hairs in the temple region around august 2004. Success was miraculous. The vellus hair turned terminal and then grew and grew! :woot: I was ecstatic!

My hair grew thick and beautiful even on the temples! At 28 I had gone from a Norwood 3 to having the perfect square hairline of a schoolboy! It...was...glorious!!! GLORIOUS!!! It was literally the Simpson's episode when Homer gets his hair back. I wish I took pictures because it's so unbelievable that if someone had told me they had such fantastic results I would not believe it(as I'm sure some of you reading this post think I'm embellishing, but I'm not.

My arm and leg hair were growing with the same vigor as my scalp hair and they were soon very thick. For a few weeks I galloped around town with total confidence. I was extroverted again and talking to girls again. It was only when I came down from the "hair high" that I listened to my body and payed attention and realized I was out of balance

My voice deepened several octaves. This was insanely cool except there was a thickness kind of pain in my throat. I was eating healthy and getting rest but I had extreme fatigue throughout the day. I developed a fat spongy face and my whole body felt like it was a sponge filled with lead-water. My libido was non-existent. I had a wet noodle. I could barely get it up even with a new hot girlfriend. :shock: The embarrassment alone makes the hair thing almost not worth it. What good is getting a fish on the hook if you haven't got a mouth to eat it with after you reel it up? (good thing I'm a cunning linguist) :tongue: I could get it up maybe once a week if I was lucky. :crazy:

My heart and my whole body ached. I felt like a blown up balloon about to pop. It was unbearable! I stopped taking everything and lost the temple hair completely after several weeks and the horseshoe growth slowly regressed over a period of about 3 months. The symptoms disappeared in that period. I was depressed. I lost my girl. My dog ran away, and I ended up back at about a Norwood 2.5. :lost:

After about six months. I worked up the courage to start a new regimen, but it would not be as vigorous.
I started back up with one thing at a time to see what was causing the problem. I started with low dose evening primrose, then added progressively saw palmetto, zinc, b complex, and I had taken everything that I had taken before and had no negative reaction, but one week after I added minoxidil 2% I felt an ache so I left it off and just continued with the other things in my regimen and I'm holding steady at 2.5

Beginning in about 2006 I tried minoxidil again. Once a week at 2.5 at first. I felt no effect so I moved up to 5% twice a week then 5% once a day I saw no negative effect and I just held at about norwood 2.5 I over time I added spironolactone 5% from Dr. Lee's website and I'm still holding at NW2.5

jamesfinch

Reaction score
Re: Harryguy story - (100% regrowth from Norwood 3)

errrrrrr.......... are you saying you got a loss in libido from minoxidil and primrose oil.......
are you on propecia- you dont mention it

harryguy

Reaction score

I've never tried propecia. I think the loss of libido might have been from saw palmetto megadosing. I also was drinking about a gallon or two of soy milk a week. I'm not sure exactly what caused the wet noodle.
The products I took were meant to either
1)to stop the dht
2)cause hair to grow (growth stimulant)

The palmetto was to stop the dht, but I switched to using topical spironolactone 5% to stop the dht and stopped taking palmetto all together.

harryguy

Reaction score

I seem to be doing well with just xandrox12plus and spironolactone 5%. I'm seeing vellus growth begin like the last time when I fully achieved regrowth. But I'm taking a break every once in a while to see if my body feels funny

Petchsky

Reaction score

Sounds like to me you had way to much oestrogen in your system, soy milk would definitely increase oestrogen. You have to be careful with zinc as well.

Nice story though, different to alot of others here, kudos for taking a an alternative approach.

edit2add - how many mg of saw palmetto were you taking?

harryguy

Reaction score

I think it was 320 mg 3x a day. I was also squeezing open the gelcap on my fingers and applying topically as well. I recall that my chest became a little larger and softer maybe a git of gyno.

Archon

Reaction score
harryguy said:
began taking evening primrose oil, saw palmetto(topical and internally), zinc(topical and internally) As well as Minoxidil 5% and topical capsaicin(hot pepper)b complex.

Is there a such thing as "topical capsaicin b-complex"? I can't find it anywhere. Or does he mean topical capsaicin AND b-complex?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Because too much zinc can deplete the amount of copper in your system, which can cause hairloss in itself... and it can decrease your absorption of iron, magnesium, and calcium.

I think the safe level is around 15 - 25mg