Has anybody heard of Nourkrinman?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
If its so great let them run the FDA trials to prove it.................

Looks like it is probably good for hair but as a hair vitamin only

Lol, and the part about it being long lasting even after treatment ceases lol lol ...........

It would be a cure then.

CCS

Reaction score
not even dutasteride was put through phase III trials, and it is better than propecia, so I doubt any other good hair loss drugs will either in the future.
------------------------
Nourkrin MAN is a naturally based food supplement containing the following active ingredients:
Marine based extract of proteins and polysaccharides

Vitamin C in the form of Acerola Cherry, this is the richest possible source of vitamin C

Silica which is a mineral and is essential in the connective tissue. Silica is an important mineral for reducing hair loss and maintaining strong healthy hair.

Horsetail Extract this is the organic form of silica and it increases the strength of the hair and revitalises lifeless hair.

IgG and IGF-1 these are pro-biotics that help speed up the absorption of Nourkrin tablets into the bloodstream.

Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) to reduce the miniaturisation of the hair follicles and to slow down the natural transformation in men of Testosterone to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which prevents nutrients reaching the hair follicle and inhibits hair growth. Fenugreek is proven to reduce the DHT inhibitors, increase the dilation of blood vessels to the sclp and improve circulation and nutrient supply.

Omega 3 Fatty Acid (Cod Liver Oil extract) unsaturated acids have been shown to be an important part of the hair structure.

----------------------------------------

I've seen nothing here in any studies. From the second to last paragraph, these people know almost nothing about hair loss. If the omega-3's do anything, which they might, then buy fish oil adn put it your minoxdil.

I think this is a scam.

-----------------------------------------
Nourkrin Clinical Trials
Nourkrin has been scientifically tested and scrutinised. Thousands of people have already taken a course of Nourkrin tablets and seen their thinning hair slowing to a stop, and then starting to thicken and strengthen.

A recent study1 was carried out in Norway involving 60 subjects (both men and women) of whom 55 completed the trial.

77% of the participants in the group receiving Nourkrin reported positive results during the treatment period of 6 months. This was supported by the following clinical observations. Hair count resulted in an average increase of 45% in the study period.

Note:In the placebo group none of the participants reported any improvement in hair growth after 6 months.

The results at the end of the open phase with the active preparation show that the treatment duration has a significant effect on hair growth. The results indicate further that at the end of the 12 month period the hair recovery had improved with an average of 61.5% in the active group.
---------------------------

61.5%. Normal density is 460 per circular inch. Balding hair usually gets thinner but does not dorp in numbers right way, so lets say these bald guys had 400 thin hairs at the start. The trial participants then probably gained 200 hairs. That blows away minoxidil and avodart. This is bull sh^t, with that ingredient list.

docj077

Reaction score
If there's anything in those tablets that is actually beneficial, it's the IGF-1. In people taking propecia, it has been shown that the downstream mediator regulating the hair loss changes from TGF-beta1 to IGF-1. The same downstream mediator that has been found to grow hair on the face in vivo.

CCS

Reaction score
is it just the blocking of test-->DHT that does this, or a different process all together? Would avodart do the same? Would some topical finasteride be good?
Do any of our extracts do this?

docj077

Reaction score
CCS,

The first study demonstrates the IGF-1 is a mediator in hair growth in vivo. The second study demonstrates that finasteride increases this mediator and that it seems to actually be required for any response to Finasteride in vivo.

(1)J Invest Dermatol. 2006 Sep;126(9):2135; author reply 2135-6.
Igf-I signalling controls the hair growth cycle and the differentiation of hair shafts.Weger N, Schlake T.
Max-Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany.

Mesenchymal-epithelial signalling between the dermal papilla and the hair matrix regulates cell proliferation and differentiation in mature hair follicles. The molecular basis of these interactions is largely unexplored. According to its expression in the dermal papilla, IGF-I is likely involved in reciprocal signalling. To examine its biological function in pelage follicles further, we generated transgenic mice that express Igf-I in the inner root sheath and the medulla using an involucrin promoter fragment. We demonstrate that Igf-I affects follicular proliferation, tissue remodelling, and the hair growth cycle, as well as folliclular differentiation. Transgenic skin temporarily lacks visible adipose tissue in telogen. The onset of the second, aberrant growth phase is markedly retarded. Transgenic guard hairs are significantly elongated and a small fraction of hair follicles is severely disoriented. The microscopic appearance of most hair shafts is altered and, strikingly, Igf-I transgenic mice lack hairs with a zigzag shape due to the suppression of hair shaft bending. All transgenic effects are partially compensated by ectopic expression of Igfbp3. Finally, Pdgfralpha was identified as the first molecular target that is affected in Igf-I transgenic mice. In summary, our data identify IGF-I signalling as an important mitogenic and morphogenetic regulator in hair follicle biology.

(2)J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 Aug;49(2):229-33. Links
The expression of insulin-like growth factor 1 in follicular dermal papillae correlates with therapeutic efficacy of finasteride in androgenetic alopecia.Tang L, Bernardo O, Bolduc C, Lui H, Madani S, Shapiro J.
Division of Dermatology, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital, Canada.

BACKGROUND: It is generally believed that dihydrotestosterone is one of the pivotal mediators of hair loss in androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). Finasteride, which blocks the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, has now become an integral part of the current treatment approaches for male Androgenetic Alopecia. Several lines of evidence support the notion that dermal papilla (DP) cells represent the androgen target within the hair follicle. The specific molecular regulators modulated by androgens within hair follicles in the balding scalp are unknown. OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to identify and quantify changes in expression of specific molecular hair growth regulators in DP of men with Androgenetic Alopecia treated with finasteride and correlate these findings to clinical efficacy. METHODS: Biopsy specimens were collected from 9 male patients from both the balding area and nonbalding occipital area before and after 4 months of finasteride therapy. DP were microdissected and total RNA was extracted from an equal number of DP from each biopsy specimen. The expression of various cytokines, including insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, was determined by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. The signals were detected by autoradiography. All 9 patients were given finasteride for 1 year and evaluated for efficacy at month 12. Efficacy was graded on a 7-point scale on the basis of comparison with initial baseline photography. RESULTS: IGF-1 was up-regulated by finasteride treatment in 4 of 9 patients. Among the patients with increased IGF-1 expression, 3 of them showed moderate clinical improvement after 12 months of treatment and another patient remained unchanged. In contrast, 3 patients with decreased IGF-1 expression in the balding scalp showed clinical worsening after 12 months. The other 2 patients without noticeable change in IGF-1 expression showed either slight improvement or no change in their hair condition. CONCLUSION: In a small uncontrolled study of 9 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, an increased expression of IGF-1 messenger RNA levels in the DP was associated with patient response to finasteride.

docj077

Reaction score
The crazy thing about those studies that I posted is that I've also heard that people who take IGF-1 as a supplement have increased vertex balding or just huge instances of hair shedding.

I don't think I'd take it as an internal or at all until that's figured out.

Perhaps, it cycles your hair and what you feel is hair loss is merely your hair starting to grow healthy again. I don't know and I'm curious to hear from people that have taken it long term.

Not only that, but I'm not very sure if it even survives intact as an internal before it's absorbed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
is it just the blocking of test-->DHT that does this, or a different process all together?

It's obviously just a downstream effect of having less DHT. And I'm sure that IGF-1 and TGF-beta 1 aren't the only substances that are affected by androgens within hair follicle cells.