Has anyone got dental implants??

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to the dentist today and he had to pull one of my teeth out... That's two teeth gone now..

I'm still in my 30s, and I feel like I'm too young to be losing my teeth. I actually don't have major dental hygiene problems. It's just that I was too ignorant when I was younger, I wouldn't go to a dentist unless I absolutely had to. For the last few years I've been visiting my dentist regularly.

I'm thinking of getting dental implants. I did a bit of research, it's an expensive procedure, but they are supposed to last forever and everyone says they feel natural. Besides, they are not visible like hair transplant and they are more about the functionality than the cosmetics.

I feel like I have to pay the price for my own stupidity :sobbing: I had a few medical check ups lately, the last MD to examine me actually looked surprised with the results :) ie I don't have any health issues... It really annoys me that I didn't take better care of myself in my 20s...

Kids, if you are reading this, don't let yourselves go. Get your sh*t together :smack:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
RIP your tooth. How come they keep falling out? What happened in your youth? I didn't take care of mine when I was younger either but it's been years since I've had a filling.

They aren't falling out... It's just that if I had gone to a dentist when I had to, a filling would have been sufficient. I waited too long, then I had a root canal treatment to save them, etc... They were beyond repair.

The rest are fine. I don't have tooth decay issues. It's not as if my teeth are falling out. If you were talking to me in person, you wouldn't even notice.

Cassin said:
I know someone who has...the price tag was staggering.

Well... I guess those things are extremely expensive in the States.

Most of the prices I've seen are in the $500-1000 range. My insurance might subsidize part of the cost as well, I have to look into it. I think $1000 would be enough for two implants. It's still money that I could use on something else but it's an amount that won't change my life forever.

oni

Reaction score
Titanium teeth......................................... :whistle:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:

Yeah, that's the one...

I have a bit of spare cash, but I'm getting the feeling I'm gonna be spending too much money this summer. I'd better put some money aside when I have it.

oni

Reaction score
virtuality said:
oni said:

Yeah, that's the one...

I have a bit of spare cash, but I'm getting the feeling I'm gonna be spending too much money this summer. I'd better put some money aside when I have it.

Well there are cheaper places in the world you can have them done.....................the Titanium part are the screws that go into your bone.

I was thinking more along the line of the whole tooth being made of Titanium................................ :whistle:

oni

Reaction score
Cassin said:
oni said:
I was thinking more along the line of the whole tooth being made of Titanium................................ :whistle:

I'm holding out for a nanomorph mimetic poly-alloy.

And what happens if the CPU holding the shape of your teeth goes tits up and you end up swallowing your own teeth as a liquid and they reform coming out your arse.................................... :whistle:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Been away for the last couple weeks...

Someone asked me if I had my teeth done as they are perfectly white and straight... and this wasn't the first time I was told that I have straight teeth..

I thought it was a bit ironic to get a compliment.

I've decided to get an appointment for sometime in Aug or Sep, most likely in Sep. I will get couple screws.