Has Anyone Gotten Better After Quiting minoxidil??

Scuffernoose

Reaction score
i had been talking minoxidil for almost 6 months, and after a shed at the beginning, it never improved. i decided that if it isnt going to get better, i didnt want to keep applying it 2x a day. so i started applying it 1x a day, but i couldnt stand seeing my hair with this greasy crap in it, and it made getting ready for work take much longer, so i decided to quit all together.

it seems like i am shedding again as a result, but i wonder if anyone has gotten better after quitting mixox?? perhaps it was making things worse all along, and once you quit it got better than it was when you were on it, or maybe you quit and your hair got back to the point it was when you were on it??

ive been on propecia for almost a year and a half. anyone got anything??

Petchsky

Reaction score
If propecia and minoxidil together are not stopping your loss i would recommend Avodart. I have heard of posters having no success with porpecia but then having good results with avodart...

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scuffernoose said:
i had been talking minoxidil for almost 6 months, and after a shed at the beginning, it never improved. i decided that if it isnt going to get better, i didnt want to keep applying it 2x a day. so i started applying it 1x a day, but i couldnt stand seeing my hair with this greasy crap in it, and it made getting ready for work take much longer, so i decided to quit all together.

it seems like i am shedding again as a result, but i wonder if anyone has gotten better after quitting mixox?? perhaps it was making things worse all along, and once you quit it got better than it was when you were on it, or maybe you quit and your hair got back to the point it was when you were on it??

ive been on propecia for almost a year and a half. anyone got anything??

Its almost 3 months i quit minoxidil and my hair is at its worst. I just shampoo using Nizoral. I was on minoxidil for 5 months and saw that it thickened up my hair a bit. I know for sure, I responded to minoxidil.

But it always made me late to work. Took 2-3 hours to dry and some day it would make my hair terrible ..a really horrible hair day. :freaked:

From what I understand, you should recover from minoxidil shed. But it will take some time though. :(

G

nexus81 said:
...But it always made me late to work. Took 2-3 hours to dry and some day it would make my hair terrible ..a really horrible hair day. :freaked:

Try Dr lee's minoxidil, dry in 10 minutes, vert light, does not screw your hair up, vast difference from Regaine/Kirkland.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
nexus81 said:
...But it always made me late to work. Took 2-3 hours to dry and some day it would make my hair terrible ..a really horrible hair day. :freaked:

Try Dr lee's minoxidil, dry in 10 minutes, vert light, does not screw your hair up, vast difference from Regaine/Kirkland.

Tynan, I would love to use minoxidil, but at this age where my schedule is totally unstable, I cant manage minoxidil.

Also, I have decided to save minoxidil as my last weapon.

As of now, just waiting to recover a bit from the quit minoxidil shed, so that i can start finasteride.

Thanks for your suggestion. I hope after some years when I start minoxidil, Dr. Lee's minoxidil is still available or a more powerful version. :)