Has anyone had any success with topical Finasteride?

larry70470

Reaction score
Awhile ago I read where someone disolved 3 Proscar capsules ino Rogaine, and used it topically. Has anyone had positive results?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried it for around a half-a-year. I dissolved half a proscar tablet, and found side-effects became almost negligible too. Had especially great results at the crown, where I'm probably most susceptible to DHT. A crude test for effectiveness would be to count hairs. In a matter of just one or two applications, topical finasteride should greatly reduce the amount of fallen hairs found after washing your head.

larry70470

Reaction score
It has been 7 weeks since I started using Minoxidil with 3 disolved Proscar tablets (once a day), so far there is nothing to report, no new growth, no shedding.
I am using this with 1.25mg of Proscar daily, and alternating Nizoral and Nano Shampoos. I am also using Rogaine foam once a day

crespo

Reaction score
I dissolved half a proscar tablet, and found side-effects became almost negligible too.

just curious what you mean by this. Did you start getting side effects with its use, and these later subsided?
OR
were you using proscar internally with sides, then switched to topical use, and the sides became negligible?

or something completely different??

Thanks

ram_in_md

Reaction score
Interesting....what if I did not want to use minoxidil. Can I dissolve it in something like Tricomin for example? If not, what is a good alternative to minoxidil?

larry70470

Reaction score
It has been 3 months since I started using Minoxdil with Proscar. I am currently taking a new bottle of Rogaine, and adding 4 crushed Proscar pills to the container. So far after 3 months I see no new growth. I apply this mix twice a day, and use the Rogaine Foam once a day. Am also using Nano and Nizoral 2% shampoo's. Will stay with the treatment for about 3 more months before I give up.