Has anyone heard of a vitamin e supplement called Toco-8?

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/Tocotrienols_vitamine_Toco8.html

It says it regrows hair up to 40%. While I'm not sure this is 100% consistent, I am considering giving it a try...not just for hairloss, but the reason I initially came accross it was for helping the sexual sides from finasteride as vitamin e is a popular sexual enhancement supplement.

Toco-8 is a tocotrienol complex extracted from palm fruits (elaies guineensis). Toco-8 supports a healthy cardiovascular system and optimal hormone production. It is a water soluble powder for enhanced bio-availability and is designed to be mixed with your favorite beverage or protein shake. At the maximum recommended dose, Toco-8 will last 60 days.

The tocotrienols in Toco-8 are super powerful anti-oxidants which have been proven to have powerful health benefits for the endocrine & cardiovascular system. (2-8) Tocotrienols play an important role in increasing the "hormone production" signal from the brain to the testes, while also increasing the testes testosterone production capacity. (9-11)

Recently, our unique tocotrienol complex has been granted a US patent for its benefit at preventing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth in individuals suffering from alopecia. In the study, all individuals supplemented with the tocotrienol complex showed a positive result, with an average 42% increase in hair count after 5 months of treatment. (1) This is a much welcomed alternative to the popular hair loss drug Finasteride, a drug which reduces DHT and contributes to a host of side effects such as libido loss, gynecomastia, and depression. (12)

Technically speaking, Toco-8 is a natural Vitamin E supplement, but to call it a "natural Vitamin E supplement" puts it in the same category as every other generic Vitamin E product on the market. The fact is, the natural Vitamin E found in your local supplement shop or grocery store is not natural at all. Rather, almost all Vitamin E products on the market are actually synthetic Vitamin E; a potentially dangerous and cheap byproduct of soybean oil, known as alpha-tocopherol (Go ahead, take a look on your vitamin label).
Clinically proven to prevent hair loss and increase the number of hairs by an average of 42% (1)
Proven to help reduce cholesterol while improving the HDL : LDL ratio (2-5)
Maintains healthy artery function by reducing atherosclerotic plaque (6-8)
Helps support testosterone production by maintaining optimum pituitary & testicular function (9-11)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting blurb about most vitamin E being synthetic. A couple of weeks ago I bought a vial of external vitamin E ointment which says that it's organic. I used it as a moisturizer for my face and temples. I didn't know that vitamin E, which is an anti-oxidant, might be good for hair-growth.

Keep us updated, please.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try to get your information from a site that isn't selling the product.

CCS

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Try to get your information from a site that isn't selling the product.

ditto.

I'm sure it is a good source of vitamine E, in all 8 forms, but I'd do some research before believing it grows hair or helps with sexual side effects.

justaguy2005

Reaction score
I bought the NSI brand of the same stuff, am almost done with the bottle, nothing. Maybe this guy's powder is much better formulated or preserved or something but frankly I doubt it.

Never even heard of it being used for sexual sides/enhancement.