Has anyone seen shock loss hair not grow back after transplant?

jkoss@securemortgagecompa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a transplant six weeks ago and have experienced massive shock loss of my native hair? I have been on finasteride for a year and I am now taking oral minoxidil and finasteride daily? I had 1300 grafts to restore hairline and just about all of my native hair on my entire scalp fell out within 3 weeks of the surgery. My hair Doctor here in Houston is very well known and experienced and has indicated that he is 100% confident that all of my native hair will grow back within three to six months.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% confident? Had you Doctor any more cases like you?
your hair lost come from all scalp or only in the treated area? It could be a shock/stress hairloss

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a transplant six weeks ago and have experienced massive shock loss of my native hair? I have been on finasteride for a year and I am now taking oral minoxidil and finasteride daily? I had 1300 grafts to restore hairline and just about all of my native hair on my entire scalp fell out within 3 weeks of the surgery. My hair Doctor here in Houston is very well known and experienced and has indicated that he is 100% confident that all of my native hair will grow back within three to six months.
Yes it’s normal. I would trust your surgeon. Just curious, is it Dr. Arocha?

jkoss@securemortgagecompa

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% confident? Had you Doctor any more cases like you?
your hair lost come from all scalp or only in the treated area? It could be a shock/stress hairloss
Hair loss was from the scalp only but is a total loss. Doctor indicated that he has seen this a dozen or so times during his 25 plus year career and he indicated that 100% of this cases grew back all of their native hair. He indicated that no one is quite sure why this happens to a small subset of men patients.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss was from the scalp only but is a total loss. Doctor indicated that he has seen this a dozen or so times during his 25 plus year career and he indicated that 100% of this cases grew back all of their native hair. He indicated that no one is quite sure why this happens to a small subset of men patients.
A lot of luck, you must be confident with the Doctor.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some shock loss in the donor that didnt grow back I also had a life wrilecking hair transplant

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Topcat a well known contributor on another site was butchered by this guy.