has anyone taken propecia when they had very mild hairloss

benbob172

Reaction score
I would like anyone's advice who has has a similar experience to me. I'm hoping there's someone out there. Basically I started to notice some thining round my temple about 8 months ago. After reading alot I thought jumping on the propecia would help reduce the thining and make everything better. Big mistake! My hair immediately began to shed, a lot. But in good faith i stuck with it. My thinking was that everything falling out was 'damaged' anyway so the drug was just getting started on putting everything right. Unfortunate after three months I had real bad side effects with pain in my testicals, partial erectile dysfunction and 0 sec drive. So I quit. Now i know all round the whole thing was stupid, but please I'm not on here for people to remind me of that. I've been off for five months now.My hair is literally thinner than it has ever been, very diffused from back to front. Over the last couple of weeks I may have noted a decline in shedding, possible stabilisation. But I'm not 100%. I started conducting pull test twice per day on 25 points on the scalp. To better track what is happening.

Now my question is, is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience to me. But after a period of time, say one year, their shed hair has regrown? Other than the possible stabilisation I see no evidence of this at the moment. But I have some hope in that hair can take upto one year to regrow and I think, maybe, the cycle of my body maybe something like, 3 months shed, 3 months stabilisation, 3 months regrow, so 9 months from stopping my hair is back where I started.

Anyone with experience of this specific situation please, I would love to hear your thoughts.

zerolibido

Reaction score
i have been ruined by propecia,,,things went badly wrong one day in 2007 for me,,,took the drug for 3 years and was happy with it then one day suddenly i felt like an old man and never recovered.................