Has anyone tried modifying Kirkland foam minoxidil?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think everyone is aware that Kirkland foam can be melted down into a liquid for easier application. I was looking on the back of the Kirkland foam bottle and one of the inactive ingredients is purified water. There are many things that are soluble in water. Hyaluronic acid, melatonin, niacinamide, cetrizine and many other ingredients are water solvable. They could all be added to Kirkland foam once it’s turned into a liquid. After, About 2.5ml of the ordinary 1% retinol could be added to 120ml of liquid minoxidil foam for a 0.025% concentration. After 2.5ml polysorbate 80 could be added to create an emulsion between the retinol/oil and liquid foam. Finally it could be shaken up to mix everything together, poured into a foam dispenser and cooled back into a foam.

I have no idea how much water is in Kirkland foam but just wanted to know if anyone has ever experimented. If it worked, it would cost only 15 to 30 bucks a month.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I seen that website some time ago. I can’t find a price anywhere to buy some. I thought they only sold to pharmacies and that maybe it would be expensive. Do you have to buy your own minoxidil or does it come in the foam?