Has anyone used Rogaine Foam on the front of the scalp? i

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Of course. I would say you have about a 10% chance of regrowth. 60% chance of maintaince and 30% chance of having your hairline eaten by the foam. So its up to you :)

Thats just a rough guess but ive read a lot of posts on this subject believe me.

G

man, Dont listen to BS anybody tells you. The only reason they say Rogaine must be applied to the VEREX only, is because they have not had any scientific evidence that it works on the front of the head. I use it for the front of my head...matter of fact I only use rogaine foam and saw palmetto, and it seems to be working, I'm on my second week of rogaine and I see peach hairs ;d

ZYTAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info an help guys. Like i said, i would love to search but i get home from work at 5am and now its 12:20 and i have to leave in few min to work, one more question when applying the foam after its dry, is it okay to put gel on your hair? Thanks again.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
army_dude904 said:
man, Dont listen to BS anybody tells you. The only reason they say Rogaine must be applied to the VEREX only, is because they have not had any scientific evidence that it works on the front of the head. I use it for the front of my head...matter of fact I only use rogaine foam and saw palmetto, and it seems to be working, I'm on my second week of rogaine and I see peach hairs ;d

There is a reason they didnt test it on the hairline as well :smack:

The hair follicles on the hairline are a lot more sensetive to DHT and testorsterone than the hairs on your crown. Its not as simple as your making out.

Check out this post I started a while ago on Rogaine foam for the hairline. The figures speak for themselves. Im sure you will find the same poll of Rogaine o nthe crown has much better results.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=43024&p=403184&hilit=poll+rogaine#p403184

bubka

Reaction score
So where did you get your 10% regrowth and 60% "maintaince[sic]" from? Your ***? You surely didn't use the unscientific poll you cited :roll:
metalheaddude said:
I would say you have about a 10% chance of regrowth. 60% chance of maintaince and 30% chance of having your hairline eaten by the foam.

G

yeah this joker is scientifically correct, by his highspeed poll. Man...it regrows hair..its better than not putting anything on it...either way, your gonna loose it unless you do somthing...thats my thinking..but yes...you HAVE to let the rogaine foam dry , then after that its totally safe you can put ky jelly on it if u want too ;)

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I use Rogaine on the front of my scalp as well as the vertex and crown. Interestingly, I am seeing better results in the front of my head than any other region. My temples are filling in nicely. (To be clear, I'm also on finasteride/Nizoral.)

Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine Foam on my temples for the past 4.5 months, and it quite frankly has eaten my hairline. Not much, but it is noticeable. On the flip side, there are a lot of vellus hairs that weren't there before (I am also on Propecia/Aloe Vera/Saw Palmetto).

Metal, would you say that Rogaine Liquid is safer for the hairline? I'm thinking of switching to that.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
DelayedReaction said:
I've been using Rogaine Foam on my temples for the past 4.5 months, and it quite frankly has eaten my hairline. Not much, but it is noticeable. On the flip side, there are a lot of vellus hairs that weren't there before (I am also on Propecia/Aloe Vera/Saw Palmetto).

Metal, would you say that Rogaine Liquid is safer for the hairline? I'm thinking of switching to that.

im really not trying to have a go at metalhead again but if i was you i wouldnt listen too much to his opinion on such matters.

the foam is more effective and by being so causes a bigger shed,ive used both for the hairline but neither really did much positive except bring my temples in a bit,works great on the crown though.Neither foam or liquid actually 'ate' into my hairline though :)

ZYTAN

Reaction score
Yes, i got home at 3am today lol, i orderd the foam. Like ARMY-DUDE Said, its worth trying once i get on it, ill keep you guys posted in couple months. IM gonna take before and after pics just incase to see if there is any difference, and Thanks for serving the country Army-dude may God bless every one of you guys, laterzzz.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
The hairline eating comments are ringing true for me, so I have to switch back to liquid. :(