Has Gary Oldman Had A Hair Transplant?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He has pretty much had the same hairline since 2005 and most of the thickness. His hair looks so tidy for someone who is/should be balding. If that's the case, it's quite the stellar job. If not, he's got a solid mane for a nw3+.

MV5BMTkzMjA4Nzk1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzU0ODA0._V1_.jpg

three-billboards-gary-oldman-score-success-at-the-bafta-awards-136425259294202601-180218230042.jpg

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you got the idea, his widows peak looks extremely thick and pronounced but that might be styling?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've seen some people stay at Norwood 3, it's like perhaps some people aren't destined to be a Norwood 7 either that or they are balding very slowly. Maybe it's an ultra advanced mature hairline?
i think once the crown has developed a big bald spot, then you are more than likely destined to become a Norwood 7. but a receded front upto NW3 doesn't guarantee baldness.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a hair transplant.

If you google pictures of him from 2008 and then 2018 you will see his hairline is identical.

If he got to a nw3 10 years ago it would naturally be a lot thinner by now and yet it hasn't moved an inch, nor has it thinned.

Not only this, but if you look at his hairline you will see how uniform it is. Most people's hairline has a few little stray hairs here and there - and yet Oldmans lacks this and looks a little artificial.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a hair transplant.

If you google pictures of him from 2008 and then 2018 you will see his hairline is identical.

If he got to a nw3 10 years ago it would naturally be a lot thinner by now and yet it hasn't moved an inch, nor has it thinned.

Not only this, but if you look at his hairline you will see how uniform it is. Most people's hairline has a few little stray hairs here and there - and yet Oldmans lacks this and looks a little artificial.
You're right, I wasn't paying enough attention.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say it is not natural hair either. But I've never seen such a well defined, extended frontal hair, with that density. Again, we're back to the extremes of possible human hair diversity. Indeed, amazing.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gary-oldman1-jpg.jpg

This photo kind of settles it for me. It's a really good transplant.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would want a better, higher resolution, higher quality photo before i was confident enough to call it a hair transplant. How hair looks in one particular photo can be decieving when you see another higher quality photo of the hairline itself, as you can't see a lot of the finer hairs.
I still think he hasn't had work done as Wolfpac said, why wouldn't he have gone lower ? Would he really get a hair transplant to go from a NW3.5 to a NW3? I think even famous actors suffer from hair greed and he would want a NW2 if he is going to all that effort.