Hasson and Wong - Should I get a second Op ?

Lucky1313

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m from the UK and had front hairline FUT surgery with H&W 19 years ago with fantastic results, the work has remained and looks great but in the last 19 years even after constant use of DHT blockers i’ve very slowly developed a smallish balding area on my grown..i’ve had a quote from H&W for around 1500 crafts to correct this at $6 a unit for FUT …

My question is over the last 19years I have no idea how good H&W are and how they compare to all the other companies that have popped up since..

Are they still the best ( which they were 19 years ago ) and is $6 a unit for FUT a good price ? for instance can I get similiar quality work for a lot less from another company ?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
H&W have finally moved into doing FUE in recent years. There is a widespread opinion that their FUE results are not matching their famous strip work.

As for their modern strip work, I don't have feedback on that either way.

Just curious -
So you are still happy with your 19yo FUT results?
Do you think the transplanted hairs have thinned over time to a noticeable degree?
What is your hair loss condition underneath the transplants, then and now?

I like finding feedback on results from good clinics after such a long time. There was less good work being done on the whole 20 years ago. People usually drift away from the forums after 6-7 years whether they are satisfied with anything or not.

Last edited:

Lucky1313

My Regimen
Reaction score
H&W have finally moved into doing FUE in recent years. There is a widespread opinion that their FUE results are not matching their famous strip work.

As for their modern strip work, I don't have feedback on that either way.

Just curious -
So you are still happy with your 19yo FUT results?
Do you think the transplanted hairs have thinned over time to a noticeable degree?
What is your hair loss condition underneath the transplants, then and now?

I like finding feedback on results from good clinics after such a long time. There was less good work being done on the whole 20 years ago. People usually drift away from the forums after 6-7 years whether they are satisfied with anything or not.

The work was almost perfect and so far no loss of hair underneath or thinning of the transplanted hair on the front transplanted area, but I am neurotic about taking all the meds that actually work…I did a lot of research 20 years ago and at the time H&S really were the best, so i’m glad I paid slightly more at the time..

Do you have any idea if £6 a unit for FUT is good or bad…I been advised by H&S that I need 2000 units so that’s 12k plus 5% tax plus the flights ..not cheap so if there is a comparable result elsewhere I would be crazy not to think about it

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The work was almost perfect and so far no loss of hair underneath or thinning of the transplanted hair on the front transplanted area, but I am neurotic about taking all the meds that actually work…I did a lot of research 20 years ago and at the time H&S really were the best, so i’m glad I paid slightly more at the time..

Do you have any idea if £6 a unit for FUT is good or bad…I been advised by H&S that I need 2000 units so that’s 12k plus 5% tax plus the flights ..not cheap so if there is a comparable result elsewhere I would be crazy not to think about it

I don't really follow the the industry's pricing. Can't say on that.

In the last decade there has been a boom of transplant clinics in places like Turkey where the labor costs are lower. It's a wild west situation. Some of them are doing genuinely good work for a fraction of the prices in english-speaking countries. Others are butcher shops. And everything in between.

There are many places to get good strip work in 2024. But if you were comfy with H&W's work last time (and assuming their strip reputation has not plummeted since then), that's something to consider.

Some doctors just happen to do better with some patients than others. It's a known thing. The little details of your body line up better or worse with the quirks of their techniques. So once you have gotten good work from a Doctor (who has a generally reliable reputation), that fact by itself is an argument in favor sticking with him.

But again, I don't know H&W's current reputation for strip work. It may or may not still be good.

Last edited: