HAT

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The easiest and most acceptable cover for your balding head is a hat. Sooner or later we all achieve a horrible enough score on the Norwood table that we become the prisoners of the hat. And what's even better is that you don't have to take care of and style your weak enough hair-bitties so much, because girls don't know what's going on under the hat ;)!

Talk about hats here :)! Which style do you like the most? Is it a big hat you like more? A beanie, a cap, a helmet? How do you hold your hair under it? With a combed-forward fringe that peeks out or with long hair from the nape seen leaving the impression you have long hair (with a bald top :p!)?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna buy a summer hat (beanies for the winter of course) soon, but don't see much more choice than something like this: http://images.birthdayinabox.com/BIABvi ... gicHat.jpg
A cap would make me look like a gangster and... are there any more hat types at all :D? I prefer something more intelligent.

I think hats are a perfect way to disguise the triangle-shaped Norwood 2 fringe I have. I just hope people will get used to it fast.

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't wear a hat all the time, and why would you want to anyways? Anyways, the only hat I wear is a baseball cap.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't agree that all bald people become hat prisoners. I only wore a hat when I still grew my hair out because it was difficult to style. It was also problematic in rainy/windy conditions. However, since I buzzed it down I've hardly ever worn hats. Of course, on a cold day I will wear a beanie as a bald head/buzzcut isn't good for winter.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
shootingguard said:
You can't wear a hat all the time, and why would you want to anyways? Anyways, the only hat I wear is a baseball cap.
Well, I mostly can outside. Why? Of course to hide my balding head.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Haven't your friends already seen your receding hairline? Why bother to wear a hat then? It just shows to them your uncomfortable about it.

Reaction score
I wear a trucker hat quite a bit.. just until it grows out and I can style it. Exposing the balding head does feel a tad like being naked at times and the hat comes out. But I admit; the hat is a temporary solution to shelter your social anxiety - kick that in the bud and then you'll eventually feel freer.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Haven't your friends already seen your receding hairline? Why bother to wear a hat then? It just shows to them your uncomfortable about it.
Do you think it's pathetic to hide your ugly hair? Isn't this subforum all about it?
I think it's totally OK to look good with a hat on, when being outdoors. Why can't it be a part of your style, especially if you're balding? First impression is important as well ;).

s.a.f

Reaction score
It screams insecurity, and most people spend the majority of their time indoors anyway.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont know where everyone is from,but i live in orange county,ca and everyone wears hats..mainly new era hats,no one here thinks people are hiding there hair at all

ive been wearing hats since before i started to thin,so i dont think its being insecure or anything like that..maybe if you wear those gay hats that celebs wear, heck even ed hardy hats are gay..if i was larry david bald id rather not wear a hat than wear ed hardy..hah

ps
also everyone and there mother wears sunglasses here,even when its cloudy..so you could say something similar with them..no?

IBM

Reaction score
squirrel4.jpg

ali777

Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Bought myself a hat and look better :).

You don't even have noticeable hairloss... You really have some image issues.

I remember you posted a picture. No offence, but you looked cr*p. You were miserable in your picture.

I have news for you, people don't like being around miserable people like you. You have to sort out your attitude towards life, your hair is fine as it is. Put a smile on your face and you'll be the king of town.

You are 17??? You are still relatively young. You speak English, that probably means you come from an affluent/semi-affluent background and you have lots of things going for you in life. Concentrate on the positives!!!