Hating my life right now.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
In 2 days, it's going to be a full year since I first found out that I'm balding. In one year, I went from a NW1 to an NW3.5.

I hate my life. Life is so damn unfair.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only positive out of balding that fast is that at least you get it over with quickly... having to thin out for 10+ years prolongs the pain where each passing day is worse than the one before. At least when you hit rock bottom as a norwood 7, you know you can't be any more socially crippled.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why didn't you use finasteride? Did it not work for you or did you quit due to sides?

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair line has receded 2-3 centimeters (I know this because there is this one long hair where my original hair line used to be). I don't know why I am losing hair so ridiculously fast. Is that normal?

I cannot get on finasteride because I cannot afford it. I barely have money for food and for the next apartment rent. I'm looking for a job at the moment.

When it comes to finasteride, my biggest fear isn't losing all my hair but the side effects. I'm not a well-endowed man in any way and to be crippled by side effects would only make that department worse, I feel.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Smart move to not jump on finasteride. That stuff is poison.

Welcome back.

As far as the topic goes. The only options to treat hair loss are minoxidil and finasteride. If you can't stand the thought of going bald, then you have to make a decision. Small chance of sides are go bald. As far as price goes, the online supplier I used to use recently started requiring a prescription. Not sure if there are any other low cost legit finasteride suppliers out there.

mikey mike

Reaction score
Go to a family doctor and get prescribed generic proscar and cut it in 4ths. Super cheap. I pick mine up at CVS under 6 bucks a month. The actual prescription for 5 mg generic proscar is like 20 a month, but you just cut the pills in 4ths with a pill splitter so your only buying 8 pills at a time.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
^this, you have to get generic proscar

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Did your physician give you a years worth of refills for generic proscar 'script (5 mgs.) at $20.00 per 'script at CVS? In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger, "That's greeeat". What is the generic brand name? Thanx for sharing.
Go to a family doctor and get prescribed generic proscar and cut it in 4ths. Super cheap. I pick mine up at CVS under 6 bucks a month. The actual prescription for 5 mg generic proscar is like 20 a month, but you just cut the pills in 4ths with a pill splitter so your only buying 8 pills at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

For the benefit of those transfixed on budget orientation. Here's a basic mathematical breakdown.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
This is good information. I will keep this in mind but for right now, a job comes first.

I do have a question however. Like I mentioned before, I'm not a "well-endowed" man. For those of you who are taking finasteride, are you all small? The last time I measured myself, I think I was at 6 and a half at my hardest. I've always been curious if the side effects have a lot to do with penis size.

mikey mike

Reaction score
Did your physician give you a years worth of refills for generic proscar 'script (5 mgs.) at $20.00 per 'script at CVS? In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger, "That's greeeat". What is the generic brand name? Thanx for sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

For the benefit of those transfixed on budget orientation. Here's a basic mathematical breakdown.

No prob. Yes, my physician gave me a script for a years worth of generic proscar, but at 8 pills a month to be cut into 4ths. I had an appointment with him at 1 year of taking the stuff and he wrote me the script for another year and I refill the pills every month. I do not honestly know what the generic brand name is called, the pill bottle just says "finasteride" on the label, but I asked him for generic proscar during the original doctors visit because I did not want to shell out the cash for propecia. He had no problem with this. Just ask your Doctor for generic proscar.

- - - Updated - - -

This is good information. I will keep this in mind but for right now, a job comes first.

I do have a question however. Like I mentioned before, I'm not a "well-endowed" man. For those of you who are taking finasteride, are you all small? The last time I measured myself, I think I was at 6 and a half at my hardest. I've always been curious if the side effects have a lot to do with penis size.

What a ridiculous concern. My dick is the same size it has been for a very long time.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride doesn't shrink your willy and 6 and a half is above average, unless you live in Africa or the Netherlands. The likelihood of sides is pretty small (<5%) and most of the sides considt of watery semen, which may be devestating for some.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The last time I measured myself, I think I was at 6 and a half at my hardest. I've always been curious if the side effects have a lot to do with penis size.

Average penis size is anywhere around 6 inches. You're above that. If you think women should expect all men to be above average, then you're dating total fvcking idiots.

mikey mike

Reaction score
Also, if it helps, the generic proscar I take is a round blue pill that has an H on one side and a 37 on the other.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
^this, you have to get generic proscar

I have heard from many guys on these forums that very few doctors will actually prescribe proscar for hairloss. I will give it a try next time I see my Doctor, but I doubt he will prescribe it. One of the reasons he didn't want me to bother with propecia was because of the price. If he was worried about that I would figure he would have just wrote me script for proscar.

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
I'm Sorry

In 2 days, it's going to be a full year since I first found out that I'm balding. In one year, I went from a NW1 to an NW3.5.

I hate my life. Life is so damn unfair.

I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you must feel. We have all been there. Fear not, because there are several solutions for hair loss. You could always try a Ketoconazole shampoo, Minoxidil Spray, or any other scalp treatments. With continued use, they should help regrow your hair, especially the minoxidil spray.

If that doesn't work, you should see a doctor and maybe save up for transplants.

Good luck!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I don't even worry about my size and you shouldn't worry about yours. If a woman ever makes a comment about your size just tell her what I do: "My d**k isn't small, your p***y is just really big.

mikey mike

Reaction score
If the Doctor doesn't give you generic proscar go to a different doctor. One of them will. I know people who did this for adderall in college its not that hard.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes prior to finasteride I had a 4 inch penis but after starting finasteride it has shrunk and even retreated back into my body! now I have a vagina. also I have b**ch tits

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I don't even worry about my size and you shouldn't worry about yours. If a woman ever makes a comment about your size just tell her what I do: "My d**k isn't small, your p***y is just really big.

I don't mind a big pussy. They don't complain about it being sore afterwards.