Have been on finasteride now in one year mark! maybe dutasteride now

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hiii friends, i want some advice from the experts in this site. i am on finasteride from 1 year now. and i use nizoral twice a week too. in the beggining of the treatment with finasteride, it works like miracle! my shed stopped 100%, when i washed my hair and during the day i cant see any hair falling, every thing was great and i was very heppy with my promissing start. 6 months mark i started a big shed, and it goes 3 months maybe, then stopped. my hair becouse of that shed was a sh*t! ii can see all my scalp. i am difuse thinner. in the month 8 the shed stopped, but the treatment never worked like before. when i wash my hair i lose always like 30 hairs or more every day. and the worst is that i cant see many new hairs coming, the only thing that i can see is hair falling. now i am in one year mark and my hair is a sh*t and i still losing ground slowly. my question is, do you guys think that i must give more time to finasteride? more than 1 year? or... maybe dont wast more time and go for dutasteride? i can t live thinking that i am going to be bald... please help me i am very sad. dont know what to do. :shock:

oni

Reaction score
We can't tell you what to do. I think the best thing to do is research your problem and ask questions. I could tell you to jump on dutasteride and your hair might get better after 6 months and then again you might shed sh*t loads more than you have on finasteride and might take 18 months to get back to near the way it was before! :)

The options are many and dutasteride is only one of them, it could be that you are still having a shed on finasteride!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, yes i might still having shed on finasteride. so what i need to do? i dont know! i need help! stop finasteride and dont take dutasteride and do what? do nothing? i am using aminexil from dercos too, but the only medicines that is really working to ppl is finasteride and dutasteride i cant stay without one of that... or is better stop and my hair will come back again?!! i am in a infinite sadness. :(

Goingat20

Reaction score
i would stick with finasteride for another year, then you confidently say finasteride didnt work for me, and give dutasteride ago...

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i was so paranoid that i jumped the gun and began dutasteride

i dont know if dutasteride will solve my problem, but it makes me feel better and gives me more hope, knowin that dutasteride is more potent than finasteride