Have gyno, should I consider 0.25mg oral finasteride EOD?

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously topical finasteride would be better as it doesn't reduce serum DHT as much as oral finasteride. I have taken oral finasteride before, 1mg everyday but stopped it due to experiencing side effects. I also have gyno so I assume I do have some sort of hormone imbalance. They main reason why I'm considering oral over topical is because applying the topical version will be difficult when my hair grows out and that i would have to wash my hair everyday which would make it frizzier.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
try microdosin topical finasteride at .025% EOD, it works wonders for some with minor hair loss

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 29 and had a transplant about a month ago. My existing hair is almost NW3, would you consider that minor hair loss?
Ugh nw3 is not considered minor, as it’s some pretty significant recession. But dude just try it, if it mostly temporal recession topical would be a great choice

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh nw3 is not considered minor, as it’s some pretty significant recession. But dude just try it, if it mostly temporal recession topical would be a great choice
Well, my temples aren't recessed anymore since my transplant brought me back to up a NW1. Before the transplant I was bordering NW3 but now I'm a solid NW1 with no recession at all. Would you say I should also apply it on the transplanted area alongside the existing hair?

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical is easy to put on long hair and short hair. I should know, I've used it since 2012. They did studies in India, and it was found to be safe.

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, my temples aren't recessed anymore since my transplant brought me back to up a NW1. Before the transplant I was bordering NW3 but now I'm a solid NW1 with no recession at all. Would you say I should also apply it on the transplanted area alongside the existing hair?
I would seriously ask a doctor before that. You might have to wait some time before doing it.

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm almost 2 months post op. Doctor said I can apply it 1 month post op. Main reason why I'm asking if I should apply it to the transplanted area is because I dont want that hair to become reliant on drugs. Some of it was taken out of the NW7 safe zone though.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
was trying 0'025% every day mixed with Minoxidil and I noticed improvements but it still gave me side effects, even leaving it on my scalp for a short time, I had to stop it for a while. Now I am trying it three times a week and it seems that the side effects have reduced but I have to wait if I notice improvements.

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm almost 2 months post op. Doctor said I can apply it 1 month post op. Main reason why I'm asking if I should apply it to the transplanted area is because I dont want that hair to become reliant on drugs. Some of it was taken out of the NW7 safe zone though.

For androgen alopecia there is no "cure". I'm not really sure what you are asking. If you want to have shitty density, don't take medication. It's really that simple. DHT kills all the hair on the scalp. It's just that as men, we don't live long enough to completely be bald. Are bodies are only designed to live to around 100 - 120. After that our neurons naturally die due to age.