Have Now Started Treatment Plan Today

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys, after much umming and ahing and analysis paralysis, I have decided on a preliminary treatment plan for my hair loss. First, some backstory. I'm 33 and first noticed hair loss when I was 17. It began, and has since progressed, in a fairly strange way. Basically my hairline remained completely intact with thinning happening right behind it. The pattern looked more similar to the type of hair loss women get.

Apart from 3 weeks of Propecia about 8 years ago, I have never been on any treatment. I have now started taking the following:

0.25mg finasteride EOD
Nizoral 2% 1x/week
Rogaine Foam Daily.
RegenePure NT Shampoo 3x/week
Supplements (not just for hair) zinc, cod liver oil, l'arginine.

Health wise, I'm continuing to lose weight with relative ease with my low carb diet and have started an exercise and lifting program. I'm also taking up vaping to shake my cigarette addiction.

In particular, I will be closely monitoring how I react to finasteride. If I have side effects, I will either discontinue or reduce to a micro dose. I already had preliminary blood work done and in three months I will request that my doctor does a repeat of the tests. I may even increase finasteride if I experience no ill effects.

My long term goal is to maintain what I still have, especially the back which is still good, and then have a transplant into the disaster zone that is my frontal third. I have had an online consultation with a leading clinic, who advise I am a good candidate for surgery.

Here are some pics. The last one shows my hair parted to each side under fairly strong light so you can see the extent of thinning.

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 398
  • back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 465
  • crown1.jpg
    crown1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 454
  • partedhair.jpg
    partedhair.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 451

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you the thinning has gone in the "disaster" state.
Good that you are starting to treat it.
My only concern is that 0.25 EOD is really a micro micro dose. But you tried propecia in the past so probably you have your side-effect-related reasons.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you the thinning has gone in the "disaster" state.
Good that you are starting to treat it.
My only concern is that 0.25 EOD is really a micro micro dose. But you tried propecia in the past so probably you have your side-effect-related reasons.
I believe I experienced some ED at the time. I will increase if it causes no problems.

Last edited:

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
***** Quick Update*****
Had some minor sleep issues since starting this regimen. The only other thing is some intermittent tooth pain and throbbing. I went to the dentist and no decay or problems there. They attributed the problem to sensitive teeth due to earlier fillings. Is it possible finasteride or anything else could cause this?