Have you ever eat coconut oil?

turtwig996

Reaction score
Hello!!
I'm an italian guy :) and i'm here to find someone is using or used coconut oil for Androgenic Alopecia (male pattern baldness)
I saw a lot of thread where people used coconut oil in the scalp to massage it but i wanted to know if someone have ever tryed to eat it.
In Italy a lot of people is using, see the hair stronger and have a good "manteinance" about their male pattern baldness.
Someone do it here?
Results?
Italians use to take 1 teaspoons per day, coconut oil may be a good help for male pattern baldness, it contains similar fatty acids of serenoa repens.

I translate a little description of benefit for hair (using translate google :unsure: i don't know all terms i the text :crazy:)

"Recently, some studies have shown that lauric acid, Mystic (but also palmitic, and oleic capirilico) contained in abundance in coconut oil are able to effectively inhibit the enzyme 5 alpha reductase that converts testosterone into DHT, and then as this oil can be useful to counter ailments linked to androgens such as hyperplasia and prostate cancer, hirsutism, polycystic ovary syndrome, acne and androgenetic alopecia.

Used topically, it also has an anti-aging and antioxidant helping the skin to stay young and reduce signs and facial wrinkles. It also helps protect against sun damage."

Anyone tryed it?
Waiting for answers :)

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Eating it?
Coconut is a natural laxative, so I think it may help if you want "maintenance" of your bowels, but hair? Sounds like "snake oil" to me.

turtwig996

Reaction score
Yes, eating !!!
In Italy but I think in USA , UK too there's a Coconut Oil used to flavouring food.

"....Coconut oilThe fatty acid profile of coconut oil it out the richness in medium-chain saturated fatty acids, such as capric, caprylic, capric and lauric; these nutrients represent an energy source highly available, since they are easier absorption and oxidation than cousins ​​long chain. While being rich in these saturated fatty acids, coconut oil does not adversely influence the levels of cholesterol, precisely because of poor long-chain saturated fatty acids, such as palmitic, and rich in MCT (supplements for sportsmen acid based medium-chain fatty are generally prepared starting from coconut oil). The reduced palmitic acid content is compensated by a similar amount of oleic acid and a small percentage of linoleic acid..."

And theese are his fatty acids:

Lauric Acid 50-53%
Mystic 18-20%
Palmitic 8-9 %
Capric 6-7%
Oleic 6%

About Serenoa Repens fatty acids you can found something interesting here:

"The berries contain approximately 1.5
percent volatile oil, comprised of 63 percent free
fatty acids and 37 percent ethyl esters of those
fatty acids. The fatty acids include caproic, caprylic, capric, lauric, palmitic, and oleic acids,
and ethyl esters of these"

http://www.anaturalhealingcenter.com/documents/Thorne/monos/Serenoa mono.pdf

or

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10600-011-9983-4