Havick33's Story

havick33

Reaction score
Hey all - just joined the site and I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. Damned cool to see there's such a big community of people out here.

Anyway, I'm almost 39 and have always had fairly thin, fine hair. Probably genetic or something, as my mom and other folks in the family have the same deal. I was putting sunscreen on my scalp at 18.

Well, that was 20 years ago and I still haven't gone bald but I do notice that things up top are getting thinner these days. A couple of other folks have made comments too. My hairline in front is near where it's always been, but up on the crown I can definitely see more scalp than I used to. I did try minoxidil for a while (maybe a year or two) back around 2005-6, but I seemed to have difficulties with it (head was itchy a lot of the time, seemed like when I put the full amount on it just ran off, I wasn't sure if it was doing anything, etc) and I ended up just stopping. I looked into propecia at one point but the list of potential side effects kind of scared me.

Anyway, hi to everyone and if anyone's got advice I'm cool with it. Looking forward to talking with folks and checking out the site....

MH

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
You could investigate the different delivery systems for minoxidil, some are kinder on the scalp than others i believe.

I wouldn't rule out propecia either if only to maintain till one of the sexier topicals (see finfighters sig) makes it onto the market.

Just monitor the sides and if it's not for you then get off it.

havick33

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice dude. I didn't know that different delivery systems made a difference - just figured it was the minoxidil itself. I'll have to check into this.

Far as propecia goes, I guess I've only heard what doctors and whatnot said and so was a little scared of those potential side effects. I would imagine different folks here would tell different stories. I've already heard that propecia is more effective than minoxidil, at least from a few people...?