He shou wu and nizoral shampoo

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
so what about

Alo peope here say using nizoral is a good idea... well it contains " sodium laureth sulfate which is VERY BAD for hair...

please feel free to discuss..

Ryan

Why does it help with hair loss then?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Reverse Gray Hair with He Shou Wu

I have just read this article:
Reverse Gray Hair with He Shou Wu
http://www.naturalnews.com/028709_gray_ ... ou_Wu.html

I am interested in this supplement, but a quick search on google scholar gave me a bit of a scare:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 1&SRETRY=0

Acute hepatitis induced by Shou-Wu-Pian, a herbal product derived from Polygonum multiflorum
Gordon J-H Park,* Stephen P Mann† and Meng C Ngu‡
*Department of Gastroenterology, †Department of Anatomical Pathology and ‡Director of Gastroenterology, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Correspondence: DrGPark
Copyright Blackwell Science Asia Pty. Ltd.
KEYWORDS
cholestatic hepatitis • hepatitis • herbal • Polygonum multiflorum • Shou-Wu-Pian
ABSTRACT
Abstract Herbal preparations are widely available and generally regarded by the public as harmless remedies for a variety of medical ailments. We report the first case in Australia of acute hepatitis associated with the Chinese herbal medicine Shou-Wu-Pian, prepared from Polygonum multiflorum. Cholestatic hepatitis developed in a Chinese woman taking this preparation for the greying of her hair, and liver biopsy was consistent with a toxic reaction. Clinical and biochemical resolution occurred following cessation of the drug.

I understand Shou-Wu-Pian is same as He shou wu. (?)

Hoppi

Reaction score
It helps hair because of the ketoconazole o_O

SLS is probably a mild irritant for a reasonable number of people. It may even be a strong irritant for some, I'm not sure.

I'm a fan of Regenepure, but I do kinda wish they made it 2% keto as it's probably just 1% ._.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
It helps hair because of the ketoconazole o_O

SLS is probably a mild irritant for a reasonable number of people. It may even be a strong irritant for some, I'm not sure.

I'm a fan of Regenepure, but I do kinda wish they made it 2% keto as it's probably just 1% ._.

I agree Hoppi! Only problem is then it would be a prescription. :(