Headaches on Dutasteride

Balls

Reaction score
I've been on Dutasteride about a month. No problems except I started getting headaches a few days ago. I've heard this occurs sometimes, and they aren't really bad - kind of like a hangover. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and, most importantly, if they have gone away. Thanks.

oni

Reaction score
Hi i have been on dutasteride for 4 mths got no side effects just shedding like hell.
I am also on finasteride 1.25mg a day and with both no side effects.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
Hi i have been on dutasteride for 4 mths got no side effects just shedding like hell.

If you are taking dutasteride, why would you take finasteride too?

G

oni said:

Wow, dutasteride and finasteride. No wonder your are fucked up.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Balls - I also had mild headaches or slight light-headedness from dutasteride and, as they felt similar to ones brought on by slight dehydration, I started drinking a bit more water and that did the trick.

Slarti

oni

Reaction score
It works for me with no side effects and I can afford it :p

KK

Reaction score
Oni,

Taking both finasteride and dutasteride, do you see any growth yet? or just shedd?
because I am thinking take dutasteride instead of finasteride.

cheers..

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that dutasteride reduces both types of DHT and that this is detrimental to the proper production of fluid in the brain.

dutasteride scares me.

Deaner

Reaction score
It's true that Type I 5ar is present in the brain, and it's not yet known what inhibiting this does to brain function. Just not knowing however is enough to scare me away. Plus, Type I inhibitors such as MK386 were studied and showed no use in stopping hairloss, so why bother risking it is my opinion :?

oni

Reaction score
KK,

I am 5mths into the dutasteride and finasteride and yes I have lots of regrowth even on a small spot on my crown that was going bald. I am still shedding and have been for the last 8 weeks.

The shedding seemed to have started at my crown and worked it's way outwards just the same way I started lose my hair.

I hope this is of some help to you.

PS. I am on Dutas generic (Avodart) for two months and Avodart for the first 3 mouths. I have been taking finasteride 1.25mg aswell (Proscar Quarted) for 5 months.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When do you normally get these headaches? I ask because I used to feel a bit queasy in the morning, and I thought it was due to finasteride. But after a few months, that feeling subsided and I feel fine. But during the time that it was happening I ate something small and, in line with the other advice, drank some water, about an hour after breakfast, which helped a lot.

Good luck.