Healthy Hair Vitamins for a UK user? looks unproven....

Hoppi

Reaction score
I've been taking them =D

They're pretty alright but I might stop as I want to focus ALL my energy on stopping my shedding and less on the quality of my hair!

I plan to replace them soon with just Brewer's Yeast which has a B-Complex and a few other bits and pieces!

If you want to strengthen your hair though and give it the nutrients it needs then they're a good bet coz pretty much everything is in them :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No 12.95 pounds is way too much for this.Instead look for something similar at your grocery store or get yourself some zinc,cod liver oil and Biotin supplements from your local pharmacy or even MSM might do a much better job than that.

One thing you have to be aware of before buying this pills-You cant save your hair with supplements alone....They can just add shine,certain amount of cosmetic effect and increase the rate at which they grow.

Hoppi

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
No 12.95 pounds is way too much for this.Instead look for something similar at your grocery store or get yourself some zinc,cod liver oil and Biotin supplements from your local pharmacy or even MSM might do a much better job than that.

Yeah but they do have like TONS in them, I mean the list of amino acids and nutrients is crazy lol

I added MSM though :)

Like I say I may drop them because yeah they do not tackle the root causes of hair loss. My regimen now is focused on hormonal balance/alteration, health, antioxidation, anti-inflammation etc etc!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup it has sh*t loads of amino acids but according to my Doctor, the most essential are Cysteine,Lysine and Methionine.

Hoppi

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Yup it has sh*t loads of amino acids but according to my Doctor, the most essential are Cysteine,Lysine and Methionine.

oh ok fair do's :)

And man mpbsux you've aged FAST! xD

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup I have been through some turbulent times you see.I was assaulted by this vicious disorder known as male pattern baldness at a very young age [15] right in front of my very own eyes! This resulted in me being a helpless cripple for nearly half a decade!! The doctors told me that I was totally fine but for me the agony was too great! They didn't have a clue what I was going through but I knew what it was! A VICTIM OF THE MODERN AGE AND male pattern baldness! Poor,poor kid!

Hoppi

Reaction score
rofl!

Yep, that's what it does to a man! hehe

How is your regimen going at the moment anyway? (hope it's ok to discuss this in this thread, maybe just a couple of posts!) :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier the vitamins and supplements still seem to have some cosmetic effect and my hair and skin look good when I take them in moderation.I just bought myself some Rogaine foam which I would be using for the next 3 months before deciding whether I should jump onto propecia soon.I still get the random boners from Saw Palmetto which I am planning to drop when I get on finasteride.There seems to be a lot of vellus hairs on my hairline which might turn terminal in another month or two....At the moment I just need to be patient and bear with the mild shedding.

In case you weren't aware of this,I have been using Nizoral 2% for two months which causes some shedding when applied but leaves my hair looking great for a minimum of two days. :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Like I said earlier the vitamins and supplements still seem to have some cosmetic effect and my hair and skin look good when I take them in moderation.I just bought myself some Rogaine foam which I would be using for the next 3 months before deciding whether I should jump onto propecia soon.I still get the random boners from Saw Palmetto which I am planning to drop when I get on finasteride.There seems to be a lot of vellus hairs on my hairline which might turn terminal in another month or two....At the moment I just need to be patient and bear with the mild shedding.

In case you weren't aware of this,I have been using Nizoral 2% for two months which causes some shedding when applied but leaves my hair looking great for a minimum of two days. :)

Why don't you check out Brian Simonis' stuff? I mean the regimen I put together for myself is a combination of the big 3, Brian's top 3, and a few of my own ideas! It SHOULD in theory be very potent, very good for you, and work without minoxidil, or overuse of topicals. But who knows, I'll have to wait and see! :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hoppi,believe me I am taking plenty of supplements and I have a solid diet.Just take a look at some of the supplements I am currently taking.I never wanted to use MINOXIDIL in the first place but herr doktor was a little reluctant to put me on finasteride immediately.He now wants me to stick with MIN on my temples for another 2 months.He even suggested that I could get a hair transplant on my temples if all else fails :thumbdown2:. I made it clear to him that I wouldn't even consider a transplant for the next 10-15 years as I would be more than pleased just to maintain and slightly improve my hairline with meds.

BTW I have been to Brian's website and have been closely following your techniques to tackle male pattern baldness.Already a lot them are a part of my regimen but I dont want to rely solely on taking supplements,changing your diet and reducing stress levels.When its all said and done,they can do only so much and cannot battle the root cause.Therefore I must use these along with proven meds.There is absolutely no harm in trying out MisterE's and your theories coz one who practices it will most definitely end up having good health. :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Well true, but Brian's solutions are more to do with tackling inflammation, bacteria and things like that. Many treatments such as curcumin and resveratrol combined have been patented and this combo will be going on the market as a hair loss treatment on it's OWN.

Sulforaphane has achieved good results and Brian even speculates it may help to turn of genes associated with male pattern baldness.

I think this word "supplements" it's used far too broadly, it's not down to the field of things you're taken it's down to exactly what you're taking, and in what quantities.

A good diet reduces inflammation, increases SHBG and balances hormones, but I would definitely also recommend checking your thyroid, I'm doing that atm.

Ecklonia Cava is supposed to be good for bacteria and a number of things.

I dunno I mean, it's all up to the individual the choices they make :)

Oh, diet wise I would also try cutting gluten, I've done that :) Combine that with checking your thyroid and keeping your liver health optimal and you'll be giving your hormonal balance it's best chance.

It's just my opinion, I dunno, could be wrong, if your hair follicles are VERY sensitive then this will have to be combined with Finasteride and Nizoral I would imagine to keep scalp DHT and 5ar low enough.

Sorry to keep suggesting things, it's just my opinion like I say ._.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions Hoppi,I will certainly consider adding cucurmin and reservatol down the road and get my thyroid checked soon.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Apparently this is a good check, but only use it is a rough gauge. Apparently it picks it up more effectively than just a blood test, which cannot measure your body's sensitivity to thyroid hormones:

http://www.drbobnd.com/low_thyroid.htm

I'm a noob to this too, but it does make some sense to me.