Heating pad for head?

lebronsupremacy

Reaction score
Long time lurker, this is my first post.
But I was wondering if anyone has tried using a heating pad for their head? It may sound/look stupid, but Increasing blood flow to the scalp has been used to treat hairloss, I saw this for $25 on amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Spa-Electric-Heat-Cap/dp/B002RPJBIS

Im going to order it and give it a try, going to go on finasteride in the next month or so, and Im going to see if this helps with some minor regrowth

lebronsupremacy

Reaction score
Now that I have my brain working on ideas to use with this, maybe make a anti-inflammatory mixture to but on my head every night to go underneath the hat? lavender/grapeseed/camphor/aloe mix? would also keep my hair nice and soft, especially since i will be using nizoral 2% with my finasteride...

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe cold therapy would be better, if one considers balding to be an inflammatory process. Lots of info out there on chemo patients icing their scalps to prevent hair loss, although that is more related to the chemo drugs... But ice is used to rejuvinate the body following injury, so perhaps it could rejuvinate dying hair follicles? Also, there is the old hair loss myth about cold water promoting hair growth, but nothing about heat, so go figure. Also, icing the scalp feels kind of nice, but I don't think heat feels as good.