Heavy dandruff for 5 months....Now itchy scalp and hair loss

jcarp

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

First off, I'de like to thank anyone who reads and finds enough interest to reply. All your comments are much appreciated.

I'de like to recall, in a simple way, the situation of my scalp - hair problems.

December 2009 - Starting with dandruff, that was very intense and lasted until June 2010. I'm talking about big white bits coming out all over. What did I do? I tried different sorts of natural shampoo's that relieved the problem for a day or two. After 3 days without washing my dandruff came back.

By June 2010 the dandruff was less visible. I thought everything was fine.......Oh boy was I WRONG!

Around June 15 I started with very intense, sometimes even a little painful ITCHY SCALP all over my head. I'm talking mainly on the crown, temples and back of the head. with this constant ITCH - I noticed more hair falling out than the usual. On my pillow every morning a good 10-15. In the shower countless amounts, when I run my fingers through my hair EACH time I will find 2-3 strands of hair. If i shake my hair in the bathroom, or use some gel I will find endless amounts of strands.

So I went to the doctor July 10 (not derm) for a solution. He gave me some Nizoral to be used 2x per week. The itch is still there. I take my contact lenses off when I shower to avoid seeing my hair fall out.

I have an appointment with the derm August 10th. This is very annoying, yet I am going to do everything I can to stop this. I will keep having faith.

If anyone has any ideas about this, any suggestions I will be very pleased to read them. Could it be male pattern baldness? Could it be an infection? I don't know.... but it sure has made me very annoyed.

jcarp

Reaction score
If anyone has an idea, help or suggestion please leave a message.

To be honest, running my fingers through my hair i will easily pull out 10 hairs, if I shake my hair near the sink countless of hairs will fall.

I'm stuck, i'm totally lost,

If anyone has gone through this....please reply

thank you all.

gmann

Reaction score
hi, i have been where you are now.

and you can fix it. it took me 2 years and countless docters to find something that worked.

1. shave all your hair (its nasty, but it has to be done)
2. for a week use a 'vaseline salicilica' sollution, you can get this made in the chemist. but you will need a paper from your docter.

you put this cream on at night, and wash it out in the morning.

after a day or 2 you will feel no more itching, and your hair will grow back very strong.

it worked miracles for me!

I signed up to this forum just to give you this answer.

Good luck!