Heavy, HEAVY shedding 4 weeks in. Need reassurance!

21Balding

Reaction score
Started 5% minoxidil drops (2x a day) about four weeks ago. Also just bought the RegenePure DR shampoo. For about four days, I have had an EXTREME amount of shedding in the shower. Easily totaling 200-300+ hairs. My hair is kind of long and I'm not the shaved head type of guy - personality or looks-wise. Putting a comb thru my hair after the shower is equally distressing. I know this is normal, but I'm freaking out and I'm dying for someone to tell me it'll be ok, and that they went through an initial shed and it stopped. At this rate, I won't have any hair on my head and this whole thing has just made everything worse.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes it will be okay..I used to shed more than 300 hairs when I first started the treatment (the Big3)..I am not losing that many any more..good luck!!

21Balding

Reaction score
I'm doing "the big two" (haha), but do you remember when your heavy shedding stopped? And, did you do anything to try and prevent the shedding while on minoxidil.?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi mmm..it lasted 4 months but I am one of those unlucky ones....I hear that it normally takes 1 - 2 months for shed to stop! it was just too much to bear looking myself in the mirror so I shaved my head and started wearing a cap:(

rcom440

Reaction score
You will be fine, don't worry. The hair you shedding are hair that would fall out anyway, minoxidil just speeds that process. You will probably regrow them with thicker stronger hair.

Dominik

Reaction score
Your shed hairs are heroes. I, for one, cannot help but salute as these fearless paratroopers decide to jump to their inevitable doom for YOUR cause.

May their sacrifice and bravery be an inspiration for future generations of hair.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat right now and I wish you great regrowth!

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your shed hairs are heroes. I, for one, cannot help but salute as these fearless paratroopers decide to jump to their inevitable doom for YOUR cause.

May their sacrifice and bravery be an inspiration for future generations of hair.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat right now and I wish you great regrowth!

:salut: