Heavy shedding days vs light shedding days.

G

yeah, it's weird. there are some days where i'll shed around 100+ in a day, then days like today when i'll shed 20 or so. anyone else having similar issues? i'm hoping it's a sign my Telogen Effluvium is wearing off. like the second week of june when it first started, i was definately losing 200+ a day, started slowing down in late june, and in early july averaged out around 75 or so a day. now in mid july i'll either have heavy or light shed days. today is a light one. overall, my hair in general has thinned out a bunch, but its not too bad and i'm hoping if it stops now, i can have a full recovery so i can have long hair again. i can hide it nicely right now, but not sure for how much longer.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh, when i went to a dermatologist, he said this.... "Hair doesn't consistently come out 100per day it will vary, one day 200, the next day 50, the next day 10, the next day 100 and so on.... just like waves in the ocean.

I guess one way to tell if you have Telogen Effluvium is to check other parts of your body to see if the hair has decreased.... for me my eyebrows have thinned out, my beard or 5 o'clock shadow is rather spotty (not that anyone would notice) & my chest hair is also shedding, but shedding chest hair is cool, i have to much of it anyway......

You may not be a hairy mutha like me, so may be harder to tell and as my hair is black, it's not hard to miss.....

You will be suprised how long you can hold in for, i thought i would have shaved my head 2 weeks ago, but things still look ok, not great, not the same, but not bald yet.

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
Myhair_Matt said:
ahhhhhhhh, when i went to a dermatologist, he said this.... "Hair doesn't consistently come out 100per day it will vary, one day 200, the next day 50, the next day 10, the next day 100 and so on.... just like waves in the ocean.

I guess one way to tell if you have Telogen Effluvium is to check other parts of your body to see if the hair has decreased.... for me my eyebrows have thinned out, my beard or 5 o'clock shadow is rather spotty (not that anyone would notice) & my chest hair is also shedding, but shedding chest hair is cool, i have to much of it anyway......

You may not be a hairy mutha like me, so may be harder to tell and as my hair is black, it's not hard to miss.....

You will be suprised how long you can hold in for, i thought i would have shaved my head 2 weeks ago, but things still look ok, not great, not the same, but not bald yet.

Telogen Effluvium shouldn't equal hair loss over the whole body, just the scalp. Thats alopecia totalis or whatever, isnt it?

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
hmmmm not sure, i have given up on the research side of things... i have just burnt money looking for answers lol....

I'll stick to the regimen and see how i go....