Hello everyone

millenseed

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

this is my story, here it goes.
I'm male, 23 and i've never been worried about my hair until 5-6 months ago.A month or two after I started my accutane acne treatment. I will get to that later though.
From 16 to 19 i've tortured my hair a lot. I've dyed them 5 or 6 times, i had myself dreadlocks and there was this period when i had my hair relatively long. During that period, my hair got really thin (that was 4 years ago). I was losing hair so I decided to cut it short and never do anything like that again.
Since then, i've always been cutting it short and as I said, I was never worried about baldness or hairloss. Now, to the accutane thing. I started the treatment in August 2007 and a month and a half (more or less) later I decided to cut my hair. Just a routine haircut. I did it with the shaving machine on scale 6-7 and when I was finished i kind of freaked out because i could see some of my scalp when the light was reflecting on my head.
So I started having these thoughts: is it the light or is it real? and if it is, why am I not losing hair? Because I can't really say that there's any noticeable hairloss on the pillow when i wake up, or on my shoulders or anything like that. is it the accutane that can cause hair loss or hair thinning? but i hadn't been on it for a long period, at the time. I thought maybe my hair is just sparse, because it always has been kind of sparse, plus the fact that I was losing hair 4 years ago as i forementioned. Anyway, I can't really say what' s wrong, maybe i'm in denial. What's driving me crazy is that I can't be sure.
There is no record of baldness that runs in my family. The only case i can think of is this one dude who is my father's first or second cousin. Something like that. Anyway, that's it. What do you make of it? I intend to post some pictures later on, when I have the time.

Thanks