Hello everyone...

voyageruk

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I have been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to take part.

My name is Ben, I am 24 and from the UK. I have been balding since I was 17 with almost complete hair loss at the scalp with a significant recess at the hairline by the time I was 21.

I started a hair regime in October 2011 of Finasteride 1mg once daily and Minoxidil 5% foam once daily. It's only been just over 3 months and the results are quite amazing. I didn't expect it to work this well and certainly not this fast.

There is already a thin layer of hair all over the scalp and hair growth has now begun at the hairline (something I didn't even know these treatments could do?).

Yesterday was the first time someone commented - an old friend I have not seen in a while (the last time I saw them I told them I was considering hair transplant). They assumed I had gone ahead with it and asked when I had it done!

Really happy right now - I just hope the success continues.

I am also wondering which medication is causing the growth, it's costing me a lot of money to continue both however I am too scared to stop one and see if the hair growth continues in case it falls out!

Any way, I hope you are all well and I look forward to taking part in discussions.

Ben

Reaction score
Hey Ben. From what I've read on here people say that it's harder to re-grow at the hairline but some guys seem to. So Congrats on the success!