Hello in need of some tips/advice

Razragan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm an 18 year old Asian male, and I fear I may be experiencing significant hair loss. My father is bald, as well as my maternal grandfather so I know I'll probably be bald at some stage.i think I'm experiencing some recession in my hair line as well as substantial amounts of hair falling out whenever I'm sitting down and looking at surfaces.

i think my hairs have thinned quite significantly in the last year or so, and my hair isn't growing as fast as it was growing before, my hair at the front feels pretty thin tbh. My trips to the barbers haven't been too frequent either.

my father started balding in his 30s, but his father himself isn't bald at the sprightly age of 95 and still has quite a head of hair. I reckon I might start balding a bit earlier than my dad did. Here are some pictures attached. Am I experiencing enough hair loss spot start getting worried? How can I delay this further? What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Also if I'm going to consider using romaine/prophecies when balding becomes more prominent, what's the minimum age I should start using it so my growth/development/adolescent hormones aren't affected?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 239

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Also if I'm going to consider using romaine/prophecies when balding becomes more prominent, what's the minimum age I should start using it so my growth/development/adolescent hormones aren't affected?

What the hell is that?

Razragan

Reaction score
Oops, didn't mean that, was on mobile so I must have spelled it really badly! Meant rogaine and Propecia!

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ that made me laugh so much for some reason, I'd start now if you're really worried get blood work. But I started balding at 16 I'm 19 now sooner the better hopped on finasteride like 2 months ago

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
the minimum age is when you finish puberty. At 18 you shouldn't have a problem. If you have male pattern baldness you should start finasteride/propecia

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm 18 too but my hair looks way worse than yours. For me your hair looks perfect. Better wait for some time instead of starting medication.. Even if you decide to go for it finasteride would be more than enough :)