Hello New Guy Here, Any Suggestions Or Am I Starting Off Right?

Bullet Wake

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I joined about a year ago. I didn't start combating my male pattern baldness till a week ago. I'm currently applying Minoxidil 5% twice a day to my scalp. I'm using Lipogaine, from the little research I've done, seems like a solid brand. Plus it's made in the States, I like to purchase USA made products when I can. I'm also using a derma roller on my scalp once per week. The length of the needles are 1.5mm. I'm taking two pills of Biotin 5000mcg daily as well. Well that is my regime as of today. Here is a picture of my hair and I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Sorry about the picture quality, but it's the best I can do for now. Anyways nice to meet you all and wish me luck!

Attachments

• WP_20151012_07_40_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151012_07_40_11_Pro.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 214

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really want to fight male pattern baldness you should get on finasteride. Minoxidil can regrow some hair but doesn't fight the cause of hair loss, which is DHT. You probably know all about it since you've been on this forum for quite a while.

How old are you if I might ask? And for how long have you been balding? You've already lost a considerable amount.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I joined about a year ago. I didn't start combating my male pattern baldness till a week ago. I'm currently applying Minoxidil 5% twice a day to my scalp. I'm using Lipogaine, from the little research I've done, seems like a solid brand. Plus it's made in the States, I like to purchase USA made products when I can. I'm also using a derma roller on my scalp once per week. The length of the needles are 1.5mm. I'm taking two pills of Biotin 5000mcg daily as well. Well that is my regime as of today. Here is a picture of my hair and I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Sorry about the picture quality, but it's the best I can do for now. Anyways nice to meet you all and wish me luck!

Welcome and good luck with ur upcoming battle. I can give you best advice I can: Start finasteride. If you are afraid of the sides start with small dosage like 0.5mg

Your temples have receded but the scalp + remaining area on temples looks like you could thicken it up with minoxidil + fina combined

Bullet Wake

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really want to fight male pattern baldness you should get on finasteride. Minoxidil can regrow some hair but doesn't fight the cause of hair loss, which is DHT. You probably know all about it since you've been on this forum for quite a while.

How old are you if I might ask? And for how long have you been balding? You've already lost a considerable amount.

I'm 33 years of age and yes I read a few posts when I joined a year ago, but I didn't come back until today. Thank you for the advice, but I will not be going on finasteride for at least another 3 months. Not because I'm scared of it, but because of financial strains and college tuition coming soon, I can not afford it as of today. Hopefully I will see some results from what I'm using as of now, I will not forget about finasteride when I have the funds. Although some of the horror stories are rather disturbing, I find that I'm pretty lucky when it comes to not having side effects.

Last edited:

Bullet Wake

My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with ur upcoming battle. I can give you best advice I can: Start finasteride. If you are afraid of the sides start with small dosage like 0.5mg

Your temples have receded but the scalp + remaining area on temples looks like you could thicken it up with minoxidil + fina combined

Thank you, and yes finasteride seems to be the way to go, judging by the replies I've gotten so far and the little research I've done. I guess my next thing to research than, is the best way to go about getting Finasteride.

Bullet Wake

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question, if I order Finasteride online and get it shipped here to Florida. Am I doing something illegal or is that considered legal?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to the doctor and asking for finasteride for male pattern baldness? That's what I did and it worked.

I'm in Canada though.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried going to the doctor and asking for finasteride for male pattern baldness? That's what I did and it worked.

I'm in Canada though.

I did the same thing. I'm getting mine for free.

I'm from the Netherlands.

Bullet Wake

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm in Canada though.
Yes seems like that is the best way to go about it. Only problem is I I'm not insured right now and I will have to pay out of pocket for a doctor's visit. Knowing my luck I will get the one doctor that won't prescribe it lol. Sucks living in the States when it comes to anything health related. Everything costs so much here, hell even dying is a costly venture in America.