Hello

TheBigThree

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

After doing a little bit of research on here I took the plunge and went to see the doctor last week about my problem with the thinning hair. I was told to start using Rogaine right away and was also given prescription for Propecia. I have already started using Rogaine but haven't yet gotten Propecia and nizoral, so I will get them today. I have been using Rogaine for roughly 4 days and I no longer lose any hair when I run my fingers through it. Is this normal? I thought I was supposed to shed hair. Also, my hair feels like it's gotten thicker. I know it takes time for hair to grow so my hair probably isn't any thicker but for some reason just feels like it. I'm 23 years old with thin hair and my temples are already gone, so I'm really anxious to see what the Big 3 are going to do for me. Also, I can start to notice my hair grow in around my temples a little bit. I don't know what is up because I applied Rogaine a total of maybe 6-8 times. Well I really do hope for the best. I wish everyone here luck as I know how depressed a person can get when losing hair. Take care.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the forums. Its probably just a coincidence that you haven't noticed any shedding since you started the rogaine. If you do experience shedding from rogaine, you probably won't notice any shedding for at the very least, a month. Don't freak out if you don't experience excessive shedding while on the rogaine, not everyone does and there is still a chance you will thicken your hair up a bit. The big 3 should help out a lot, especially if you caught it in the early stages of thinning. Good luck and be patient.... enjoy the forums and keep us updated!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Think its all in your head that you've already seen regrowth. 6-8 times is nothing , you shouldn't see regrowth for another 3 months or so. Since you are 23 your hairloss is semi-aggressive , this means you'll probably suffer a shed in a while. But don't worry thats a good thing. Its rogaine kicking the old hairs out and letting the new ones in. The good thing about being 23 is you have caught it early! Good luck!

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
everyone's different and can react differently... maybe he's a super responder!

TheBigThree

Reaction score
Okay so I've been on Propecia for a week now and Rogaine for two weeks. I ran my fingers through my hair today a couple times and lost around 10 hairs. I am hoping this is a good sign. My entire regimen now is:

Propecia 0.5mg once daily
Rogaine twice daily
Nizoral every other day
MSM one a day

By the way, I cut my 1mg Propecia tablet in half with a knife. Is this how you guys do it, or is there actually a 0.5mg tablet? Thanks.

Da Bears

Reaction score
There is not a .5mg pill available. It would be easier and more accurate to cut if you get a pill cutter. You can get one at Walgreen's for $5. Good Luck!!!