Help Help Help Please !!! Pictures Inside

banda89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I live in Manchester (United Kingdom), about nine months ago I started taking propecia and took it for about six weeks, then had few side effects of it and stopped, all the side effects went away in about a month time. Then I decided to take Minoxidil 5% (Kirkland) and the way it worked was like this:

First two months there was a huge shed alomost 100 hairs falling off ever day, but then after the second month hair shed got less and less and less and alomst to zero and then absoutely zero hair fall for about two months.

So for the first two months there was a huge shed and then next two month no hairloss at all, then slowly hair loss started again and got up to hair 50 hairs per day and since then till today I am still loosing hairs about 50-60 every day in the morning. Now the funny thing is that I wake up in the morning and on the sink I loose about 50-60 hairs every day when I comb my hairs, but after that all day there is no more hair fall and then after the night waking up next day in the morning I shed 50-60 hairs again on the sink. I have read that loosing hairs 50-100 everyday is normal, but since I started taking minoxidil from the first day till now I can see my head getting more bald and bald every month. Minoxidil did grow hairs on my temples but none in the vertex at all, my current age is only 19, one last point that I never changed the minoxidil brand.

So you guys have any idea that why minoxidil only worked for two months and then since those two months I am keep loosing hairs and what can I possibly do?

(SE Freak) I hope you read this post and help me with my problem, it seems that you are the person with most experience on this website.

Thank You

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Help Help Help Please !!!

Relax your hair is probably in the resting stage right now after a huge shed. It should start to grow again after a few weeks. Give minoxidil at least four months before you decide to quit.

banda89

Reaction score

well !!! iv been on minoxidil for almost 8 months now !!! and from last four months iv been shedding 50-60 hairs every day in the morning on the sink, no shed after that all till the next morning, and i can see my self getting bald and bald slowly !!!

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Sorry i thought you were on your second month. I miss read your post. Are you 100% sure your hair is actually getting worse. I thought propecia was making my hair worse and at times it did temporarilly. Now when i feel my crown (where i was losing it) i can feel hair that was extremelly thin getting thicker. It should of gone by now so i know it is working.

There are two possibilities in your case providing it is not in your head. They are one minoxidil is losing its effect and you need a stronger version. I've heard minoxidils results are short lived, but can last up to two years. Two the minoxidil is too powerful and keeps innitiating hair cycle sheds too frequently for you to see any results. I personally think it is the first one. I think the minoxidil was strong enough in the beginning to overide the effects of hairloss, but now it no longer able to do so either due tolerance of the drug or your hairloss simply being too aggressive. Losing 50-60 is actally not hairloss, but normal shedding. You might not realise it but minoxidl might be slowing your hairloss down, but its difficult to tell unless you quit. You might need a more effective hairloss treatment, as minoxidil doesnt stop hairloss it just regrows hair which in some cases can overide the underlying causes of hairloss.

banda89

Reaction score

Well here I am posting you my before and after pictures. Have a look and let me know what you think of my progress !!!

Attachments

• After 9 Months.jpg
    After 9 Months.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 250