HELP HELP!!

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i started min 2% in Sept 2013 twice daily.
Dropped it to once a day in jan 2014.
Started finasteride .25 mg ED on Feb 14.
quit minoxidil due to some reasons in end of May 2014.
upped finasteride to .5 mg in June 2014.
Started 1mg finasteride, 5% minoxidil twice daily from 19 oct this year.
My hair in frontal area(where i applied minoxidil) is not that good. I was shedding heavily in the past 4 5 months and when i resumed minoxidil i shed from frontal area as i could easily pull out 3 4 hair strands. Now my question what caused my hair to thin>>>quitting minoxidil? i really dont think it did much in the first place .
I have restarted big 3 and more harder this time, do you think i ll be able to take hair my back where it was in Feb/march?
Or am i a not good responder to finasteride?

Okay its a bit confusing but i would really like it if you guys can discuss this here. Looking forward guys. Cheers, thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

guys??

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair loss thinned after quitting minoxidil because you were seeing results from it. Your hair loss was continuing under the regrowth that minoxidil was giving you. Although you didn't see any regrowth, it was regrowth compared to where you would have been without it. So when you stopped you lost all this extra hair the minoxidil helped you keep

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Like zzzzz said the heavy shedding was likely due to stopping minoxidil... pick a regimen and stick to it if you want to see results

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ahh. . .thanks guys. any chance of revival? i am sticking to proper big 3 now. Full 1 mg dose and 5% minoxidil twice a day. . .can the thinned hair be thickened again?last one month it thinned out a lot . . maybe cuz of minoxidil again??

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah dude. . .burning sensation after peeing, weak erections, puffy nipples. . .luckily first two subsided and last one didn worsen even after upping my dosage (touch wood). It was not easy goin thru the sides and riding it out