Help me

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so i just noticed last night when i tried to spike my hair back that i have a whole bunch of hairless lines and it scared the crap out of me. I think Im going bald though i have a feeling it could be due to me scratching my hair so much because lately my head has been excessively itchy and sometimes i pick at my scalp and a get a bunch of dandruff flakes from it. I really hope i'm not going bald, what do you guys think?

If i wam going bald my plan is to shave my head, tan the head and then get the vin diesal look. Oh and i'm only 25 my dad starting going bald at around 35

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
If i wam going bald my plan is to shave my head, tan the head and then get the vin diesal look.

That sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it works out.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
well i'd rather not go bald, it just a few hairline looking things at the front of my head but you can only see it when i lift my hair up

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need pictures. Excessive itching is a common symptom of male pattern baldness, we call it "the DHT itch".

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Pictures would help. Clear pictures. Also let us know your family history of balding- uncles, father, grandfather, etc.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
father side: dad quater bald, uncle half bald with all top head bald but has haie on back of his head, his dad was bald from what i remember but he died when i was young so i dont really know, aunty full set of hair
Mums side: all have full set of hair even my opa who is around 80 years old

I don't mind going bald at like 35 but at 25 buts just not fair

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then, there's a very good chance you inherited the male pattern baldness gene, congrats!

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
father side: dad quater bald, uncle half bald with all top head bald but has haie on back of his head, his dad was bald from what i remember but he died when i was young so i dont really know, aunty full set of hair
Mums side: all have full set of hair even my opa who is around 80 years old

You probably won't want to go bald at 35 either. Or 45. From personal experience, people really stop caring about that stuff when they hit their mid 50s and their sex drive and energy slows.

Anyway you have the male pattern baldness gene in your family.

If you want better answers, post clear pictures of the top of your head, your hairline. Dry and wet, pulled back, parted, etc. Give us a few pictures to assess.

The good news is, if you aren't sure if you're even balding then you're probably catching it early enough. Which means you can treat it with finasteride, which will stop or slow the balding, minoxidil which can regrow and thicken hair in some people, and nizoral, a shampoo which also helps thicken hair.

Having an uncle who is completely bald on top isn't the greatest sign, it means the same can happen to you. But as I said, you have some time and treatment options. You won't go bald over night, it takes at least a couple of years.

If you want to skip all this, just head over to a dermatologist and ask him the same questions: "Help, I think I'm balding and I want treatment". Treatment is not expensive unless you get a hairtransplant, which you probably don't need at this time.

tl;dr- post pics and/or go see a dermatologist to get treatment.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
Here i found it hard to take pics of my hair lol

2016_02_09_203645.jpg

2016_02_09_203651.jpg

2016_02_09_203706.jpg

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Pictures aren't really clear because you're pointing the camera up at the light. Should be the opposite- light should be pointing down at your hair and the camera should not be pointed at the light source. Also give us a shot where your hair is wet (if it isn't already) and one where you pull your hair back so we can see your hairline better.

From what I can see here it looks like you could have some recession on your temples. Your crown (the top) doesn't look too thin but until there is better lighting it's hard to say.

In any case you still have time for treatment, so if it's something you are worried about, visit a dermatologist ASAP. better to treat it sooner rather than later.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the top of my head I'll do a wet my hair tomorrow pictures

2016_02_09_220130.jpg

2016_02_09_220150.jpg

2016_02_09_220205.jpg

Oh also I take medication guys just incase that could be a cause:

I take:

EFEXOR-XR 150mg and Olanzapine 5mg

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are on anti-depressants my friend, unfortunately hair loss is a possible side affect from taking such medication.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

Oh yeah dude, at 35 it's not a huge deal. Just try to get through your twenties. After that you will not give a damn what you look like.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah dude, at 35 it's not a huge deal. Just try to get through your twenties. After that you will not give a damn what you look like.
With this you hit the nail on the head. People just assume that they won't care anymore when they are age xx. Ridiculous, everyone will still care A LOT. You still want to look good, or at least want to be happy with the way you look. It seems that hair loss gives young people the wrong impression, as if being 35 means that you're old. It is still young.

Regarding male pattern baldness, the later, the better. Even at 80 I would have cared for losing it, albeit less than at the age I started to lose it (late teens).

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
We still need to see the hairline. It looks like you have recession already but the top looks thick enough.

You may want to go to your doctor first and discuss the medication. From what I have read, GP doctors aren't much help with hairloss, so if you can, get to a dermatologist and figure out what stage your male pattern baldness is at. You'll want to get on treatments ASAP, starting with finasteride.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're on antidepressants and antipsychotics the last thing you want to take is finasteride.

Chris23000

Reaction score
Full head of hair

Your fine- wish I chad your hair

- - - Updated - - -

Your fine- wish I chad your hair

- - - Updated - - -

If you're on antidepressants and antipsychotics the last thing you want to take is finasteride.

Why is this the case? (I am on them too)?

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
Also guys sometimes when I scratch my head i get this green stuff on my fingers, any ideas what that could be?