Attachments

• skate pictures 013.jpg
    skate pictures 013.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 214

blondguy

Reaction score
How old are you now?

Has your hair always been like that?

Really there is no certain answer to your questions. If you think you are balding or worrying about balding go on propecia or avodart. If you think its getting worse later then consider adding rogaine. But really you know your head best!

mcas

Reaction score
I'm 15 yes. And I was just wondering if you guys can predict an early baldness for me? And for me whole life I had a really exposed forehead and a Mature hairline, is that what it is or receding?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would be VERY careful about screwing with the "male" hormones and increasing your "female" hormone before you are done with puberty... You say you had the same hairline your whole life, and have same hairtype as your moms non-balding side. Dont do finasteride before you are sure you are actually balding.

If you are really scared, even tough all you wrote points towards nothing to worry about, put on topical spironolactone for now.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not a mature hairline I'm afraid to say, as much as you didn't want to hear this, I believe that is in fact aggressive male pattern baldness , your hairline is very receded for a 15 year old and even from that bad photo I can see more thinning at the temple and frontal area.

Nizoral and Minoxidil (Regaine, Rogaine, Kirkland) is something you should consider using providing you have the cash for Rogaine/Regaine, if not, Kirkland minoxidil is very cheap and just as good I hear.

DO NOT TOUCH PROPECIA AS A 15 YEAR OLD.

Sorry for the bad news, but IT IS MANAGEABLE in this day and age, if you act fast. I'd say really fast in your current state.

mcas

Reaction score
I do not know how you see my hair thinning... it's wet when the picture is taken. It's actually so thick I have to get it thinned once a month...?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just giving you advice, anyone who's honest will tell you that it's quiet obvious that the hairline it's self is thinning/thin. It could be just a bad angle, but your hairline is, like I said before, obviously receded quiet badly. Better picture quality and various angles is needed for a proper assessment. I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain that I'm looking at an aggressive case of male pattern baldness considering your age and baldness on your fathers side.

Picture quality, harsh lighting and various angles.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Receding hairline + thinning on top(it's more flat there) you can see it despite slicked back hair. No finasteride for you uless you don't want your penis to fully grow and end up bald with a small c*** and stunted growth. Minoxidil azelaic acid + topical antiandrogen

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like pretty bad recession to me, sorry man. At the age of 15, apart from maybe regaine and perhaps a topical AA (which still represents a developmental risk), there aren't too many treatment options.

mcas

Reaction score
skate pictures 018.JPGskate pictures 017.JPGskate pictures 014.jpg
Thanks for the honest opinions. I think you're right with the bad picture thing and it may have just been bad lighting. But here's another few pictures and I added one in there to show how thick it is. Also I'm not really sure if it had receded. On my baby pictures when I'm about one and just getting hair even then it goes back just like this, but I'm sure all baby pictures are like that for everybody but then again in my pictures when I'm five the hairline still goes back and I always had a huge forehead like everybody else in my family. So maybe that's just my hairline and hopefully I'm not balding at FIFTEEN.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honest opinion, and I emphasize that it is my opinion, but those photos still look like quite serious recession. Seems like there is miniaturization on the temples and also at the center-front of your hairline, which suggests progression. Hair does seem relatively thick though.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honest opinion, and I emphasize that it is my opinion, but those photos still look like quite serious recession. Seems like there is miniaturization on the temples and also at the center-front of your hairline, which suggests progression. Hair does seem relatively thick though.

My exact sentiments, decently thick hair, but obvious thinning along the hairline, just as I thought from the first picture. Take a picture in 3 months and see if it has progressed. Be brutally honest with yourself. Good luck

Abercrombie

Reaction score
That is some aggressive recession/thinning for someone your age. Finasteride and Minoxidil might buy you a couple of years though if you dare using it....its a tough decision to make since youre so young and still going through puberty.

edit: and just for the sake of it: if youre still doubting that youre going bald you need to wake up and realize that you are, thats a 100 % sure. People on this forum knows what theyre talking about and we've all been through this, even if most of us started this process in our 20s or 30s.

Keep your head up!

borntoexpire

Reaction score
I've had a very high line since childhood. Did I have male pattern baldness when I was 5? My forehead was exposed at 5 pretty much exactly as it is now. I don't think he's balding. However, that hairline is very high. MCAS, see my thread, I have a very high hairline also. I can't really judge by that one picture, but based on that picture alone, I wouldn't be able to tell if you were balding or not.