HELP!! Shedding Like Mad!!

blind vision

Reaction score
Hello All -
So I'm 20 years old, and (as stated in the title) shedding like crazy. This started happening about a year ago (Feb 08), on and off. More recently (since October 08), I haven't had a single day go by when I don't find at least a dozen hairs (of various thicknesses) in the shampoo foam that collects in my hands during showers.
Also, if I rub my head for 10-20 seconds over a piece of paper, I'm bound to collect 20-30 hair strands (again, of varying thicknesses).
I'm thinning rapidly along the hairline, above the temples, and a little on top, but I still have plenty of hair to be saved.
Looking at my grandfathers and relatives, I'm up against some vicious genes to say the least…

My current regimen (since Feb 08):
- 2% Nizoral shampoo – every other day
- Follicure Shampoo – every other day
- Nizoral cream – applied every other day to hairline
- Curcumin, 400mg – daily
- Green Tea Extract, 700mg – daily
- Soy Isoflavones, 500mg – every other day (on and off, since it has caused very mild (yet slowly reversible) gynecomastia)

**I’m allergic to finasteride and can’t afford dutasteride, what the hell should I do??

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm anything outside the minoxidil and finasteride is a long shot, but some people claim to have alternatives that work for them with but with limited results.

The ones i am looking into because i cant handle finasteride are virile mane, xandrox 15%, virgin coconut oil, lavenda oil, l-argine, l-lysine, flutimide and scalp massaging with a dose vitamine b, zinc, omega 3, zinc and biotin.

Im not convinced shampoo's are enough to stop your hairloss. I would update your regimen.

Have you tried minoxidil?

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't Zinc increase free testerone levels? I stopped taking awhile back because of that. Why is it that Soy Isoflavones would cause gyno? I have been using a topical that has KGF and Soy Isovlaones in it and I have noticed no such thing so far. Although, I have been using it topically and not internally.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes zinc can raise testosterone levels. However a lack of zinc can also cause hairloss. Its kind of a good cop bad cop mineral. Its needed to help repair and grow hair but too much of it can block other minerals (copper/iron) from getting absorbed into the hair for growth as well as raise your testosterone levels. You see if you eat a healthy well balanced diet your probably better without it. If however your like me and smoke and eat crap and dont have a high sex drive you probably need some.

Soy on the otherhand can increase your estrogen levels which can put you in danger of developing female characteristics such as gyno. Using it topically shouldnt be a problem however.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blind vision said:
Hello All -
So I'm 20 years old, and (as stated in the title) shedding like crazy. This started happening about a year ago (Feb 08), on and off. More recently (since October 08), I haven't had a single day go by when I don't find at least a dozen hairs (of various thicknesses) in the shampoo foam that collects in my hands during showers.
Also, if I rub my head for 10-20 seconds over a piece of paper, I'm bound to collect 20-30 hair strands (again, of varying thicknesses).
I'm thinning rapidly along the hairline, above the temples, and a little on top, but I still have plenty of hair to be saved.
Looking at my grandfathers and relatives, I'm up against some vicious genes to say the least…

- Soy Isoflavones, 500mg – every other day (on and off, since it has caused very mild (yet slowly reversible) gynecomastia)

**I’m allergic to finasteride and can’t afford dutasteride, what the hell should I do??

just wondering what allergic reactin do you have with finasteride? pvt msg me if you want

blind vision

Reaction score
king- said:
[quote="blind vision":3qamdvry]Hello All -

just wondering what allergic reactin do you have with finasteride? pvt msg me if you want[/quote:3qamdvry]
Basically - about 5-10 minutes after ingesting 1.25 mg, my face and neck swelled up, my ears started itching intensely, and breathing became difficult (tight chest). Has something similar happened to you?

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
how long does a shedding phase last?

I started taking saw palmetto supplements and using nizoral and about 2 months ago and have been shedding like mad! I wonder if I should quit..