HELP!

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
i f*****g hate propecia and minoxidil, ive been on them both for four months, everything was good until a few weeks back when i started shedding like f***, my whole hairline is a mess, my temple point has thinned out, and my hairline looks like its been chewed in places. i only started them as a preventative measure, i dont even really have a strong history of male pattern baldness and people that did lose their hair did so after 40 or 50 (like my father, although he lost hair because of alot of medication, he had very thick dark hair most of his life) apart from my grandfather who was a norwood 3 around 35. i had a norwood 1 when i started, now my hairline just looks horrible, a few weeks back i switched from spraying minoxidil on my hairline to using a dropper and it seems wherever ive applied the dropper, the areas have dissapeared which sucks because thats what happened in the beginning with minoxidil and nothing has re grown, this isnt fair, i dont know what to do! this is so frustrating, can someone please help me out?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i never believe any of these types of posts without seeing before and after pictures.

if you were a Norwood 1 why did you start on propecia and minoxidil? makes no sense.

also, unless you are covering a large area (which you're not), you should be using foam? why are you applying minoxidil with an eye dropper?

sheds do happen, stay with them for at least 12 months.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
i never believe any of these types of posts without seeing before and after pictures.

if you were a Norwood 1 why did you start on propecia and minoxidil? makes no sense.

also, unless you are covering a large area (which you're not), you should be using foam? why are you applying minoxidil with an eye dropper?

sheds do happen, stay with them for at least 12 months.

i see what u mean, i started them as prevenetation, im using a dropper so that minoxidil can go on the scalp, i was using a sprayer before but i thought it was just going on my hair, which is why i switched, i dont know what to do. im very depressed at the moment.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone else's opinion? is it normal for my hairline to looked completely chewed, eaten, and rubbish during a shed? and how long will this last?

rcom440

Reaction score
patrik said:
anyone else's opinion? is it normal for my hairline to looked completely chewed, eaten, and rubbish during a shed? and how long will this last?

Hi, I just sent you message but looking at what you posted here, I'm speculating that the reason of why you are going through shed is ether switching from spry to eyedropper or you are just going through a cycle. I saw your regime and it looks like you are using a lot of different products, however, I don't think that's the case.
When you were spraying minoxidil on the hairline, and you didn't get enough of minoxidil to spread on your scalp because a lot of it was blocking by your hair. It's not the case with eyedropper. You are PROBABLY going through the shed because of that but don't worry you will regrow it. Why did you jump on propecia, minoxidil, nizoral and revivogen if your hairloss wasn't aggressive.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
patrik said:

Hi, I just sent you message but looking at what you posted here, I'm speculating that the reason of why you are going through shed is ether switching from spry to eyedropper or you are just going through a cycle. I saw your regime and it looks like you are using a lot of different products, however, I don't think that's the case.
When you were spraying minoxidil on the hairline, and you didn't get enough of minoxidil to spread on your scalp because a lot of it was blocking by your hair. It's not the case with eyedropper. You are PROBABLY going through the shed because of that but don't worry you will regrow it. Why did you jump on propecia, minoxidil, nizoral and revivogen if your hairloss wasn't aggressive.

hey rcom, the reason i started alot of products was because i thought using more things would be better. i started propecia as prevention because there is male pattern baldness in my family but not nothing that serious. (my dad had thick till until his 50's, half brothers all have hair on my dads side, my grandfather had hair in his 30's, my uncles on that side all had till late, on my mums side, my mums hair is thick, her mums hair is thick, all 3 uncles had hair till 40 and 50's, only my grandad was a norwood 3 around his thirties) ive been using propecia for four months, the thing is i havent regrown any hair that i shed with minoxidil and that was four months ago, when do u think i will see results? thanks for ur reply

rcom440

Reaction score
patrik said:
rcom440 said:
patrik said:

hey rcom, the reason i started alot of products was because i thought using more things would be better. i started propecia as prevention because there is male pattern baldness in my family but not nothing that serious. (my dad had thick till until his 50's, half brothers all have hair on my dads side, my grandfather had hair in his 30's, my uncles on that side all had till late, on my mums side, my mums hair is thick, her mums hair is thick, all 3 uncles had hair till 40 and 50's, only my grandad was a norwood 3 around his thirties) ive been using propecia for four months, the thing is i havent regrown any hair that i shed with minoxidil and that was four months ago, when do u think i will see results? thanks for ur reply

I think you will see the results. It may take a while. Shedding means that the product is working so I believe it's a good thing although it may freak out some people. That's why there are negative reviews about Rogaine online from people who started shedding and just freak out so they dropped it and started complaining how Rogaine for example ruin their hair. However, whatever they shed they will eventually regrow. Be patient with it. Can you upload some pics of your hairline so we can see what's going on.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you will see the results. It may take a while. Shedding means that the product is working so I believe it's a good thing although it may freak out some people. That's why there are negative reviews about Rogaine online from people who started shedding and just freak out so they dropped it and started complaining how Rogaine for example ruin their hair. However, whatever they shed they will eventually regrow. Be patient with it. Can you upload some pics of your hairline so we can see what's going on.[/quote]

hey rcom, i now know what people mean when they says rogain is ruining their hairline, it seems like wherever i apply it, the area dissapeares, this happened in the beginning when i started using rogain and now when i switched from spraying to applying with a dropper, this could also be a propecia shed so the thing is i dont know, i pray to see results soon, thanks for ur reply!

rcom440

Reaction score
patrik said:
I think you will see the results. It may take a while. Shedding means that the product is working so I believe it's a good thing although it may freak out some people. That's why there are negative reviews about Rogaine online from people who started shedding and just freak out so they dropped it and started complaining how Rogaine for example ruin their hair. However, whatever they shed they will eventually regrow. Be patient with it. Can you upload some pics of your hairline so we can see what's going on.

hey rcom, i now know what people mean when they says rogain is ruining their hairline, it seems like wherever i apply it, the area dissapeares, this happened in the beginning when i started using rogain and now when i switched from spraying to applying with a dropper, this could also be a propecia shed so the thing is i dont know, i pray to see results soon, thanks for ur reply![/quote]

Yes it could be both, but I think you will be fine and let us know about the progress