HELP

zero

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, decided to join after seeing some of the post on here. I'm 24 y/o and I recently started to loose alot of hair. I started noticing that I was losing more hair than usual when I showered but I didn't think much of it. This continued for a about two weeks, then I realized I was losing too much hair. I talked to one of my family members who only ridiculed me and said I was being vain. Whatever, I took it as that and ignored the problem; however, the hair loss continued. I asked another family member who took a look around my scalp and said that I did have a good amount of hair loss. Anyways, to make the story short I visited a dermatologist who was no help at all. He just looked around my scalp and said it was hereditary hair loss. he didn't ask me any questions regarding my life style, stress, etc. He suggested a hair loss treatment which I decided to buy; however, it hasn't helped much. I've been using it for almost two months and my hair continues to fall. I have no idea what to do, I attributed the hair loss to stress but I don't really know. The hard thing is that my family all say that I'm being vain and that the hair loss isn't noticeable but it really bothers me. I always feel as if people are staring at me, my self esteem has gone down really bad. I was always the guy who got compliments on his hair and now I walk around most places wearing a hat. My classmates at school have even started to ask me why I started wearing beanies and hats. It's extremely embarrassing to me and I don't know what to do :(. any suggestions? any type of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I wanted to add that along with the hair loss treatment I was also prescribed some meds called Pilovait (Finasteride). I used it for 3 weeks and stopped using it because of the side effects. I had a burning sensation on my penis while I was on medication which was the reason I stopped using it.

soccerplr19

Reaction score
From what i've read the sides should go away, and maybe lowering the dose of finasteride. Also, its better to continue the regimen to get some type of results, you just have to be patient.