Henryk9's Story - (24, receding hairline, finasteride + nizoral)

henryk9

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, but I have already read here for several months now. In front I want to say that English is not my native language, so please ignore mistakes.
I am 24 old student fighting on loosing hair. My father is a NW6 at the age of 56, but I don't know when he started to bold. His father died a long time ago, I never had the chance to met him. I compared some old pictures of my father with my current hair situation and I think I have a lot more hair then him when he was 18. The male persons on my maternal side of the family do not have bad hair. My grandfather is a thinning NW2 at the age of 75.
My hair is not that bad at the moment, but the receding (temples )becomes more noticable the recent years. With style the receding is hardly noticeable. The last summer (08) I noticed that the amount of hairs in the shower was higher then the years before. Since then I decided to take action. In november 08 I started with a generic propecia. In May 09 I added Nizoral into my regimen. I think the Propecia has stopped the increased hair lost. My main goal is to maintain what I have, a great bonus would be the filling of the temples. I regret that I did not take pictures when I started the treatment. What do you guys think, do I have a chance to get these tiny hairs on my hairline to became terminal hair again with my regimen?

My current regimen:
Nizoral 2% twice a weak
Proscar 1,25 mg a day

Hair when I was 19, black colored/ right one:

Left temple June09:

Right temple June09:

Right temple, closer:

Boondock

Reaction score
Your loss doesn't look so bad. It's too early to say whether you'll get regrowth as well as maintenance, but it might be worth a try to jump on minoxidil as well as propecia.

henryk9

Reaction score
Now I am 7,5 months into my regimen and give it another 4,5 months. Then I will decide on adding Minoxidil.

henryk9

Reaction score
After 2 months using Nizoral, I think it works well for me. My scalp feels very calm now, little itching went almost completely away. In Addition some tiny new hairs are spreading around the hairline. I hope they will become stronger, then I would be very satisfied.

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Good to hear Henry, it certainly looks like you have some new found friends!

Don't even get me started on Nizoral, I love that stuff so much. It feels so soft and amazing when you wash your hair with it and leaves your scalp/hair feeling replenished and fresh. I get excited when it's nizoral day!

henryk9

Reaction score
I've been almost 12 months on Finasterid and Nizoral, my hair is slowly improving. The itching has completely gone away, the amount of shedding hair turn into a normal level and the hair feel thicker and more healthier than before the treatment. In addition my hairline seems to come a bit lower, but I expect no more because I never was a NW1. From time to time I experience dry eyes, but it is not that bad. I am currently very happy with the results and do not think that much about my hair anymore.