Hey Ed..I'm in Boston

Aplunk1

Reaction score
May I recommend, if you're into the fancy dinners and nice views, Top of the Hub?

boston088nigbar002_attrlarge.jpg

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't replied - been away. You still in town? Swampscott is right near me. You here on business or pleasure?

Cassin

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
Sorry I haven't replied - been away. You still in town? Swampscott is right near me. You here on business or pleasure?

got home yesterday....was there on vacation. Had an AMAZING time even tho that blizzard screwed up a lot of sight seeing but that's ok.

Tell you what tho... I would NOT want to have to drive a KAA in that city..

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time considering the weather you were up against. Where did you go specifically that you liked? Just curious as I have relatives come into town quite often and can never come up with good ideas of where to take them.

Cassin

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
Glad you had a good time considering the weather you were up against. Where did you go specifically that you liked? Just curious as I have relatives come into town quite often and can never come up with good ideas of where to take them.

I know it's very touristy but I wanted to see the Salem witch trial museum but that got screwed up because of the blizzard.

Other than that a walk along the Swampscott shore is what sight seeing is all about IMO. Also, I want to go to hole in the wall local fish restaurants. I don't, for the most part, want anything nice or special unless it's a one time dinner like the picture above. That's great for a one time meal so I can take in the view but I want to see what the locals go to. If they are run down and dirty, then that's perfect.

Take them on the train and let them see the real Boston area. The sterile touristy showing in a kaa, while well meaning, is a bad idea.

And for the record I slept in Marblehead. The day after I got there I put on some shoes and while everyone was asleep I just left for a 3 hour walk. Loved every second of it.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I love Boston, it's one of my absolute favourite US cities to visit :)