Hey guys been awhile since I've been here.. UPDATE

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Before I give my quick update... what happened to BruceLee?

I went back looking for his posts and he has been "greyed out" with the likes of banned people... hrmm....

Anyway quick update. All I use now is Kirkland minoxidil, Nizoral, and Tsal. I have been maintaining a nice head of hair for months. I think some of my success stems from the fact that I'm a slow diffuse thinner and using these treatments has arrested my balding and given me some minor thickening which I've maintained. If I had been an agressive thinner like some of you, then I dont think it would have worked so well.

Wish all of you the best, I'll post another update soon

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many months on the new regimen, Vortex?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not really new man, just what I kind of evolved into.

I've tried:

finasteride
nano shampoo
Prox-N
spironolactone
Dr. Lee's concoctions
Saw Palmetto
Folligen

and probably more I cant remember.

I actually like the Folligen and still use it occasionally. Sometimes the Rogaine gives me a few irritating bumps on my head and I lay off it a few days. Folligen seems to help this but I dont know if it actually grows hair on its own.

Basically I think my sucess stems from hitting my hairloss with various treatments at first and also the fact that I'm thinning slowly. Basically, all I do now is use minoxidil 1x/day and use Nizoral and Tgel or Tsal rotating. It has been a year since I've noticed any further thinning. In fact, many days my hair seems to be getting THICKER! :)

bombscience

Reaction score
Congrats on your success. Why did you stop with the finasteride? Cost? I would think for a slow thinner a little DHT reduction could be a valuable asset?

Bruce hasn't been around in a while. HairLossTalk.com will need to explain.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I stopped finasteride a looong time ago. Personally, I didnt think it did much for me and I could tell a decrease in the quality of my erections. Dont get me wrong, I wasnt impotent or anything, but I just couldnt get "rock hard" which seemed strange to me(I was NOT imagining this). About 1 week after stopping it I had a huge increase in sex drive. That levelled off at 2 weeks and my "rock hard" capability was restored.

I also postulated that I probably have low levels of DHT anyway but sensitive receptors. This is all hypothesis but I decided that from the fact that my dad was an AGRESSIVE thinner. He went bald by age 25. However, my dad had a TON of body hair(looked like a gorilla). I have almost no body hair and only have to shave like 3x/week. I figured if I already had low levels of DHT based on these observations, that lowering it even more probably wouldnt do me much good and could make me more pron to side effects. I took around .5mg/day for 8months before stopping.

bombscience

Reaction score
VoRteX said:
I stopped finasteride a looong time ago. Personally, I didnt think it did much for me and I could tell a decrease in the quality of my erections. Dont get me wrong, I wasnt impotent or anything, but I just couldnt get "rock hard" which seemed strange to me(I was NOT imagining this). About 1 week after stopping it I had a huge increase in sex drive. That levelled off at 2 weeks and my "rock hard" capability was restored.

I also postulated that I probably have low levels of DHT anyway but sensitive receptors. This is all hypothesis but I decided that from the fact that my dad was an AGRESSIVE thinner. He went bald by age 25. However, my dad had a TON of body hair(looked like a gorilla). I have almost no body hair and only have to shave like 3x/week. I figured if I already had low levels of DHT based on these observations, that lowering it even more probably wouldnt do me much good and could make me more pron to side effects. I took around .5mg/day for 8months before stopping.

Well hey, whatever works, works! That's great.