Hey Guys Quick Questions.

jl8490

Reaction score
From both the dry and wet hair pics it looks like you might be an early diffuse thinner but it's hard to tell with the wet hair and the "spiked" dry style.

My advice would be to get on Finasteride as a preventative as soon as you can. A regular doctor can prescribe it and Target/Walmart have the generic 5mg (split them into 4 1.25mg pills) for $9 for a 120 day supply. Cost for a year of finasteride = $27 + initial Doctor visit.

The reason I say Finasteride first is that Minoxidil won't stop or even slow the DHT/hair miniaturization process. You might get some growth, but to truly control it I think Finasteride is the right answer. If you see sides or no slowdown in hair falling after a year you can reevaluate.

I messed around for a year on minoxidil because I could get it over the counter and felt embarrassed to go to a Doctor at the age of 24 and ask for male pattern baldness pills. Mistake as I saw little results from minoxidil. Btw, my second BIG mistake was reading those PropeciaHelp forums and quitting finasteride for 3-4 months. Lost ground there as you can see in my story.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66347