Hey people. I'm new here and looking for some advice.

Zangief

Reaction score
Whats up everyone?
As the subject says, I'm new here and I am looking for some advice to maybe correct my hair loss.
I'll attach some photos I got handy. I'd take new ones but my wife just ran off with the camera to take photos
of the new nephew. :)

A little about myself which may or may not help provide any advice..
I'm 29. In my youth I pretty much always had long hair, 10 years ago it was down to my waist.
My loss started maybe around when I was 23 or 24.
I've been keeping my hair short this past year and my loss has also seemed to slow down alot.
I've lost 60 pounds in the last 12 months on a new exercise regime, had let myself go in the past few years. I think my hair loss slowed alot with the weight loss. (Does that make sense?)
I've have never consumed a single alcohol beverage or have never used any illegal drugs in my lifetime.
Hope some of that provides some insight.. otherwise I am just rambling on.

Honestly, my hair loss never really bothered me, and I didnt start looking up any kind of
corrective action until this past week. I figured trying something wouldnt hurt I suppose.
I'm not to concerned with cost.

So with that said, is their any medications anyone could suggest I discuss with my doctor? (Script or Over counter)
Also, this hair loss restoration, does it work? I discovered a Bosley office is about an hour away from me so I suppose that is an option.
Here are some recent photos I uploaded to imageshack:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/718/0001ej1.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6906/0002rr3.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7859/0003ze2.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4325/0004dm3.jpg

Thanks in advanced people

RaginDemon

Reaction score
most of us use the "big 3"

finasteride, minoxidil, and a shampoo called Nizoral

Zangief

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
most of us use the "big 3"

finasteride, minoxidil, and a shampoo called Nizoral

Cool, thanks.
Tomorrow I'll probably be knee deep in research on these and any other items I see mentioned once I get a chance to browse around here some more.
This stuff is all new to me so pretty much all of these types of products the only ones I probably know of are the ones that cram the tv commercials down your throat.

Also, another quick question. Is their an online store anyone recommends which carries all these types of products?
Thanks again.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go a bit off topic but what diet were you on to lose 60 pounds in 12 months!?

If you do consider the hair transplant route don't go to Bosley. They're infamously bad.

Zangief

Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Sorry to go a bit off topic but what diet were you on to lose 60 pounds in 12 months!?

If you do consider the hair transplant route don't go to Bosley. They're infamously bad.

Honestly it wasnt so much of a diet. My eating habbits are very strange. I only eat when hungry, sometimes I'll go a full day without eating at all. But if you put a pizza in front of me, look out. I am known among friends and family as the pizza killer.

I was also rather thin when I was younger so naturally it would probably be easier for me to drop the weight. I just got kinda lazy in the last few years since moving away from home (NJ) and all.

But in the past few months I've been drinking Ny-Tro Pro 40, a protein drink/meal replacement to help my body get some of the nutrition it needs during my lack of eating when not hungry. (1 or 2 times a day)
3 scoops of BSN's N.O.-Xplode pre-workout in 16oz of water, 1 scoop of BSN's Cell Mass post workout in 6oz of water.
I also try to drink at least 80oz of water a day, I usually drink more. No soda except for once in awhile when I dine out.
For exercise, In the last year I've been going to the gym 4 days a week, lately I have been going 5 days.
I mix my schedule, I'll either do:
1 hour cardio on a treadmill or elliptical followed by 20 minutes stomach followed by some upperbody work (Lighter weight but lots of reps)
or
I'll sometimes do 30 to 45 minutes cardio then hit the weights heavier than usually.
I also do EVERYTHING in a sweater/sweat shirt.

I never spoke to a trainer or anything, I just kinda came up with what worked for me.
I started with 30 minutes cardio but I noticed a big difference when I stepped it up to an hour per session.
Finding time to do all this was the problem, in the end my video gaming suffered a huge blow.. :shakehead:

At the risk of sounding like a commercial...
All the products I mentioned I was taking, plus alot more can be found at http://prosource.net/ with plenty of product info and great prices.

Anyway, hope that helps. Now off I go to shovel snow! :badmood:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Zangief said:
BobbyChalfont said:

Honestly it wasnt so much of a diet. My eating habbits are very strange. I only eat when hungry, sometimes I'll go a full day without eating at all. But if you put a pizza in front of me, look out. I am known among friends and family as the pizza killer.

I was also rather thin when I was younger so naturally it would probably be easier for me to drop the weight. I just got kinda lazy in the last few years since moving away from home (NJ) and all.

But in the past few months I've been drinking Ny-Tro Pro 40, a protein drink/meal replacement to help my body get some of the nutrition it needs during my lack of eating when not hungry. (1 or 2 times a day)
3 scoops of BSN's N.O.-Xplode pre-workout in 16oz of water, 1 scoop of BSN's Cell Mass post workout in 6oz of water.
I also try to drink at least 80oz of water a day, I usually drink more. No soda except for once in awhile when I dine out.
For exercise, In the last year I've been going to the gym 4 days a week, lately I have been going 5 days.
I mix my schedule, I'll either do:
1 hour cardio on a treadmill or elliptical followed by 20 minutes stomach followed by some upperbody work (Lighter weight but lots of reps)
or
I'll sometimes do 30 to 45 minutes cardio then hit the weights heavier than usually.
I also do EVERYTHING in a sweater/sweat shirt.

I never spoke to a trainer or anything, I just kinda came up with what worked for me.
I started with 30 minutes cardio but I noticed a big difference when I stepped it up to an hour per session.
Finding time to do all this was the problem, in the end my video gaming suffered a huge blow.. :shakehead:

At the risk of sounding like a commercial...
All the products I mentioned I was taking, plus alot more can be found at http://prosource.net/ with plenty of product info and great prices.

Anyway, hope that helps. Now off I go to shovel snow! :badmood:

haha I am not young but I am still playing my PS2 like krazy.

I always find time for it.

btw u can get meds from unitedpharmacies.com many have bought from there.

Zangief

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
haha I am not young but I am still playing my PS2 like krazy.

I always find time for it.

btw u can get meds from unitedpharmacies.com many have bought from there.

Cool, I'll check that site later today and see what I can find! Thanks.

Yeah, I still find time for the games, currently juggling like 6 different games on 4 different systems. Just less time lately. I think I am going to reward myself with a week off from the gym when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out. :punk:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am awaiting for the FFX remake on PS3.

I played Metal Gear I back in PS1, it was an awesome game.