heydomingo's story (slight update, 4-28-07)

heydomingo

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I've been reading this forum for a little while and I decided to finally register and embark on the long path to hopefully regaining some of my hair. I'd say I've been losing it noticably since I around 18 years old. I'm 20 now, going on 21 this summer and its starting to really bother me. I'm not sure where to begin on much of this stuff, but I've been reading around and it seems like the "big 3" are probably going to be my best bet to any sort of progress.

This whole thing is a little bit terrifying to me and its pretty much killed my self confidence...and I'm sick of it.

4-18-07-pic1.jpg

4-18-07-pic2.jpg

I took these pictures today and I haven't begun any sort of regimen to recovery yet. Registering for this site (which seems incredibly informative and open btw :) ) seems to be a good start though.

I'm thinking about just buzzing it for a while. It was a lot longer before I had it cut today but now it just looks terrible and I've been in a bit of a fit since I had it done.

So this, April 18, 2007 is where it starts for me.

I just need input and once things get going, I'll start posting updates as to my progress. Here's hoping for the best.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the board, shave your head and get on 'The big 3', it should do you the world of good if you are patient enough. I look forward to following your progress.

heydomingo

Reaction score
should i get on the big 3 all at once or should i do them gradually?

I've heard claims of it working best if i start on finasteride and add in the minoxidil a little later.

I'm still pretty in the dark with a lot of this though.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
WELCOME I am new also and have learned quite a bit so I can also begin making informed decisions. Let me know when your ready to buzz it off, I am sitting here clippers in hand..playing Russial Roulette with them til I get the courage to go for it as my wife is telling me "no not that again"

heydomingo

Reaction score
Well, I took the first step today. I went and got my hair fixed and I buzzed it down pretty short.

I already feel better than I did.

Here's a picture of the change.

4-19-07-pic1.jpg

I'm definitely glad I did it. Definitely helped my confidence a bit. Curious as to what my friends are gonna think, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow after work.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heydomingo said:
4-19-07-pic1.jpg

I'm definitely glad I did it. Definitely helped my confidence a bit. Curious as to what my friends are gonna think, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow after work.

yeah much better mate. what length is that? i do mine to 1/8". you'll find it really easy to apply the topicals and you can use less shampoo too ..

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same exact pattern as you. Mine may be a bit thinner in the same pattern. i have been taking finasteride for about 4.5 months and I am not sure it is doing anything. I think it is better if you have darker hair because the roots show better. Mine is blonde and I know if I buzz it you will not even be able to see anything in the front. BTW buzzed looks better on you. Good luck.

heydomingo

Reaction score
I'm thinking i'm going to wait till the beginning of the month to start any sort of regimen so that it'll be a little easier to chart.

Unfortunately I'm awfully terrified of the shedding.

I read a bit in the shedding forum and I've gotta say, its incredibly depressing to read :(

It really turns me off to the idea...but I want my hair back.

sigh.

I'm trying to find ways to distract myself so i'm not so bothered by it and while this is all going on, i'm going to work on getting back into decent shape (haven't been there in like 5 years. ha!), and I'm working on steadily reworking my wardrobe. I don't know.

I'm telling myself this is time for positive change but I won't deny that it scares the crap out of me.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, looks good, can you post a pic of straight on just so I can how it looks as Im trying to gear myself up for shaving my head

Oh yeah whats going on in your first 2 pics, your hair looks thin at the front on the 1st pic but on the 2nd pic it looks quite thick

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i buzz it even shorter ,i think you should too
just get on the big 3 right away ,shedding shouldnt make a much of a differance to you in my opinion as your hairloss is allready obvious
a buzzed head and bulk body goes good together so do get in shape as you suggested
hope you get your results fast just dont be a chicken and get started asap
well be here for you to complain untill it gets better :)

heydomingo

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Hey dude, looks good, can you post a pic of straight on just so I can how it looks as Im trying to gear myself up for shaving my head

Oh yeah whats going on in your first 2 pics, your hair looks thin at the front on the 1st pic but on the 2nd pic it looks quite thick

I don't know what's going on in the first two pics to be honest. I'm as confused as you. I'm guessing it was lighting difference, and I think on one of the pictures, the flash went off.

here's a full on picture.

4-23-07-pic1.jpg

in a couple weeks i'm planning on buzzing it shorter. I figure I don't have a whole lot to lose right now, so I might as well have a little fun with it.

heydomingo

Reaction score
Well, I switched shampoos to that L'Oreal Vive Pro for Men stuff to at least thicken my hair and I've gotta say, its ridiculous. My hair looks A LOT thicker and it was a definite confidence booster.

Planning on starting on the minoxidil and the nizoral next week and we'll see where that takes me. I'm gonna add in the finasteride here in a month or so probably (getting ready to buy a new laptop so something's gotta wait. heh).

We'll see what happens when I add in the minoxidil and hope for improvement.