Heynow1234's Story

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys have browsed the forums a couple times, however this is my first post. In December of 08' I got a hair cut and my barber said"Hey it looks like your starting to thin." Well that was it, he sold me Nioxin (think its absolute junk). Anyway I started to get paranoid, and decided to start propecia in January, as of now Ive been on it for about 4 months and a week. At the start id say i was between a NW1 and NW2, nothing bad, if i could keep the hair or slow it id be ecstatic. Id say the first 2 and 1/2 months, nothing was happening, no shed or anything and I was pretty happy. Then one day I looked in the mirror and bam, the front of my hairline was demolished, not at the temples, but the front of the hairline. I guess I hadnt really noticed right away because i comb my hair forward? Id say its lost about 30% of density in the front (mostly on the left side) during my time on propecia, really starting to thin out. The strange thing is I dont and have never see alot of falling hairs anywhere (pillow, shower, etc). In the last month i think its still getting worse. Now I know alot of people have started very similar topics, but please amuse me. Is this likley to be just a shed, ive read alot of things that say sheds happen in this time frame. I also know that I gotta take it for a year to be sure, but how much more hair should I expect to shed, any guesses. Or is it that this stuff just isnt working yet, or just wont work! So basically what Im asking is, who had anything similar to this happen to them, and how did it work out in the end? I gotta say, this whole process is driving me insane. Thanks!

Ps: Ive also been using the 1%nizoral from about the the 2nd month on, maybe this has something to do with it too.

dazzerler

Reaction score
well to be honest i had a similar effect on my hair line but that was befor ethe meds it was male pattern baldness but i think stress cause it to happen very quickly. it could be that this was going to happen to your hair regurdless of the finasteride but sometimes a shock to your body or something different could bring it on, in my case stress. since on finasteride and minoxidil i am slowly gaining ground again. So my advise would be to stick it out a lot of people get scared from things like this and jump of the med, but i cant see it having a negitive effect unless you are noticing its causing excess oil and sebum on your scalp
stick it out kid

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, yeah I think ill be ok (my mind changes from day to day). I think i lost alot during the the third month, but i havent seen too much of a change in the last 3 1/2 weeks, so hopefully it will stabalize for a while? Its wierd i have def lost hair on the drug, but i dont see shedding anywhere, nor have I ever. Wheres my hair going!?