Hi buddys and mates! :)

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
If You can choose Your ideal career, what would it be?

I would choose to teach English overseas.
:woot:

What about You? Buddys and Mates!

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to teach English, you should probably learn that the plural of buddy is 'buddies', and the same rule applies for pretty much any noun ending with y.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I would love to get in to an area such as international relations, international development or global security. My background is in accountancy but I hate it!

I'm going to do a masters in International Relations in a couple of years I think.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting.. I'm finishing a Master's at King's at the moment in a somewhat related course (kinda paranoid about saying exactly what...don't wanna be identifiable), and I'm hoping to get a job in the EU or lobbying it...Do you speak any other languages Dimitar?? I think speaking French and/or Spanish along with some volunteering experience might be as beneficial as doing a Master's...Also, seeing as you've a background in accounting, you might find that this could be a foot in the door at some big International Organisations..
Anyway, if I can't get a job in politics, I'm thinking of accounting as a plan B... actually a plan C...translation/interpreting would be my plan B

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
FSHGLD, may I ask what your course is or can you give any indication? How would that make you identifiable?

Unfortunately I don't speak a foreign language proficiently enough to have it as an asset for a job application - speak basic German but that's it. I am going to take up a language though and I'm erring towards French as I'd like to work for the UN, and I have an interest in Africa. I'd also like to be able to speak Arabic as I'd be keen on working with/in the Middle East, but I understand Arabic is hard. I think volunteering/internship work is very useful but a lot of the organisations I've looked at look for an MA as a pre-requisite. I don't currently have any qualifications in politics so I'd need a masters if I wanted to work in this area. Though if I go down the development route I'm sure I could do it without the MA.

Have you looked at internships for political work? If you're keen on areas such as conflict resolution, lobbying, security, humanitarian issues etc, I'd suggest a look at the organisations at this link.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/IntRelations.htm

Many of them recruit interns and it would give you valuable experience to then apply for paid positions within the EU, Nato, the Foreign Office etc.

Seems strange though that you have accountancy as a back up to politics. Can I ask why? They're so different.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of setting up own business. I know there is a gap in the market for socks for fishermen that have to work long hours out at sea. These socks would be waterproof ones so they have dry feet. I think im gonna call it Bald Dave's fishermens socks :whistle:

oni

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
I am thinking of setting up own business. I know there is a gap in the market for socks for fishermen that have to work long hours out at sea. These socks would be waterproof ones so they have dry feet. I think im gonna call it Bald Dave's fishermens socks :whistle:

I hope it does not go the same way as the fishnet condom business......... :whistle:

HughJass

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:

Can I get in on that Dave?

We could market it along side my bright idea- kitty litter for humans. Perfect for when you don't want to get up in the middle of the night and walk all the way to the toilet*. Just slide the tray out from under your bed.

*that's Bryan's cue to ask me why I call it a toilet and not a bathroom and whether or not this is another Britishism adopted by Australians.......

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS's assistant.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you wont be laughing when ill have a share in his Helicopter company ! :mrgreen:

oni

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
you wont be laughing when ill have a share in his Helicopter company ! :mrgreen:

I would rather have 5% of Bekim's Sex toy company than 40% of CCS's "Helicopter company"............................................. :whistle:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
Ori83 said:

I would rather have 5% of Bekim's Sex toy company than 40% of CCS's "Helicopter company"............................................. :whistle:
did you know bekims dog chews his sex toys making them unsellable
he showed me a picture of that on another post somewhere :whistle:

i bet since CCS got laid he has abandoned the helicopter and invested all his money in moller

oni

Reaction score
somone uk said:
oni said:
Ori83 said:

did you know bekims dog chews his sex toys making them unsellable
he showed me a picture of that on another post somewhere :whistle:

i bet since CCS got laid he has abandoned the helicopter and invested all his money in moller

You mean this one..................................... :whistle:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=59949&p=569536#p569536