Hi! New member here but not a new balder! (21YO)

theBDub

Reaction score
:wave: Hey all. I'm a 21 year old male that has been suffering from male pattern baldness for about 5 years now. It all started with the hairline, slow at first, just creeping up on me... then the vertex started taking damage. In the past year, my hair loss has hit what feels like final gear and I just can't stop it! I didn't notice just how bad my vertex had gotten until my sister and I went on a hike and she had some pictures of me...

You could see my vertex baldness even if I barely bent down! :wow:

Within about 2 months, the vertex went from balding to barely anything left, and the hairline swooped up on the sides so the only thing even close to my forehead is right above it, and even that's receding.

Anyway, for the past month or two I've just been shaving my head down, and I like it. But I saw an ad on YouTube for Caboki, which sure might be nice for a night out but I'm not going to apply a powder to my head every day and hope it stays on. Then I started looking at other products like Rogaine (which I had always dismissed as just fakes) and seeing that it actually is shown to work, but that it's a life-long commitment or you go right back to square 1.

I found this forum and I thought it seemed fun and I wanted to say hi! Also ask how you "hide" your baldness if you're young like me. I'm still single so I have to hurry up while the hair can still be there!

So besides hats, what are some hairstyles or other tricks that you've found through the years? I like shaving but am unsure if this is something I can do every day for the rest of my life, or until I'm old enough to just rock the bald look unabashedly.